• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would a prime Rashad Evans do in today's middleweight division?

achoo42

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Rashad Evans with modern dieting and weight-cutting would definitely be a middleweight and still smaller than the likes of Paulo Costa, Alex Pereira, etc. With his strong wrestling and fast hands, I'm thinking he would be at least top 5 if he was in his prime today.

Last edited:
I think he has a good chance of becoming the champion

I wasn’t a fan of his, but the man was a giant slayer on TUF. He captured the strap and made quite a name for himself. That being said, prime Shad would be top 5 in my opinion.

Not sure about MW but he'd be a force at LHW. Definitely in the top 5.

Between 1-10 ranked. Game hasn't changed in 10 years.

I wasn’t a fan of his, but the man was a giant slayer on TUF. He captured the strap and made quite a name for himself. That being said, prime Shad would be top 5 in my opinion.
He won a split over Brad Imes in the final, not exactly a top fighter, but Imes did weigh north of 265 pounds, with Rashad pretty much fighting 2 weight classes above his natural weight. And I'm pretty sure that he turned vegan post-retirement and he's walking around only at around 155 pounds.

prime rashad is like yoel who uses more wrestling
dude is well rounded asf
wont surprise me if he can become a champ lol

his takedown threats alone is a big weapon

He won a split over Brad Imes in the final, not exactly a top fighter, but Imes did weigh north of 265 pounds, with Rashad pretty much fighting 2 weight classes above his natural weight. And I'm pretty sure that he turned vegan post-retirement and he's walking around only at around 155 pounds.
I can’t remember all the details, I do admit to rooting against him and he kept winning against all the heavyweight fighters.
His success continued in the MW division, I’ll give the man his due. He was an exciting, skilled fighter. That was when Jacklinks gym was the place many fighters went to train.

I can’t remember all the details, I do admit to rooting against him and he kept winning against all the heavyweight fighters.
His success continued in the MW division, I’ll give the man his due. He was an exciting, skilled fighter. That was when Jacklinks gym was the place many fighters went to train.
His season, TUF 2, was my gateway to mma, so I have pretty good recollection of it. Most of his success was at 205 (which was still well above his natural weight), at the twilight of his career he eventually dropped to 185, but it was already too late by then.

prime rashad is like yoel who uses more wrestling
dude is well rounded asf
wont surprise me if he can become a champ lol

his takedown threats alone is a big weapon
He's way faster than Yoel, but less durable

Back