How will the Edgar/Maynard trillogy be remembered

HartFoundation2

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Now that it has been quite a while since the 3rd fight, in your opinion how will this trillogy be remembered?

I personally think as one of the best of all time. The first fight was kind of forgettable but the next two fights were filled will all kinds of drama. In my opinion the 2nd fight was one of the greatest title matches of all time. Especially because before the fight a good portion of the hardcore fans were making comments like "this is going to be the worst fight of all time" and things like that.

What say you sherdog?

i remember it solely by the second fight
such a good fight

I thought all 3 fights were amazing.

Wouldn't be surprised if they meet again.

Maynard wants to fight Edgar again. It might happen in the distant future...

Unsettled... to an extent. Damn, Maynard came so close to knocking his ass out in two straight fights! Oh what could have been

Exciting back and forth battles. The second fight by itself is especially amazing

Now that it has been quite a while since the 3rd fight, in your opinion how will this trillogy be remembered?

I personally think as one of the best of all time. The first fight was kind of forgettable but the next two fights were filled will all kinds of drama. In my opinion the 2nd fight was one of the greatest title matches of all time. Especially because before the fight a good portion of the hardcore fans were making comments like "this is going to be the worst fight of all time" and things like that.

What say you sherdog?

Their 2nd fight got me cured from my hangover from New Years.

The entire card I was just laying on the couch watching 125 and then when the main event started and Maynard had Edgar in trouble early and he somehow not only recovered but started mounting an offence I jumped up and said "Holy shit this is amazing"

What a fight

That a tiny guy could beat up such a bigger fighter, inspiring really.

The irony of their 2nd fight. The event was titled UFC 125: "RESOLUTION", but ended in a draw

Confirmation that Maynard is a beast and Edgar is a warrior.

Excellent fights and made me a fan of both guys. I couldn't stand Frankie after his fights with BJ. I hope down the line that they have a chance to lock em up again, if Tito- Griffin happened then so should Maynard- Edgar IV

It won't be remembered at all. Frankie Edgar was never a convincing champion just a bounce around point fighter at LHW.

What a stupid out take.

There's a strong case that Edgar should still be Champion.

That trilogy, even if it doesn't get completed in a fourth fight, is still one of the best ever.

It wont people will only talk about how great of a champion benson henderson is and how he is the LW Anderson Silva! Frankie will be remembered like rich franklin is now and gray will be like idk david louasou or whatever his name is.

What a stupid out take.

There's a strong case that Edgar should still be Champion.

That trilogy, even if it doesn't get completed in a fourth fight, is still one of the best ever.

no there is not....he lost twice to the current champion and has since dropped weight to get slammed on by aldo.

Benson = Anderson Frankie= Franklin Gray= Evan Tanner-the personality

Back