How will Conor go on with his life if he loses to RDA

I suppose we will see which of our opinions is closest to the truth once McGregor loses and loses badly, whether it's this fight or a future one, who knows.

I happen to think it will be very difficult for him to continue after a bad loss, because his empire has been built on being able to make statements about being the number 1 in every conceivable way, and he'll just sound like a bad Chael Sonnen impersonator if he tries the same schtick after a thorough beating.

Time will tell.

Well, he's supposedly in a win, win situation with this next fight if he loses. It's hard to tell if people are posting with rational, dislike for someone or genuinely how they feel the fight plays out. Either way, I'm sure there will be people who'll expect it to be a massacre by Dos Anjos or people who feel Conor will KO him, who'll post their over reactionary responses on here.

I don't even know fully what the full list of what he's number 1 in is; most watched main event on Fight Pass, biggest PPV last year, highest paid gate in the States. fastest KO in a title match and probably a couple of others. That's not going to change after the next fight.

If by that you think 1 loss will affect his ability to draw as well, there's plenty of fights out there that I'm sure people will watch. Sonnen didn't beat the number 1 fighter in his division or the then P4P best, Conor did. There's not much comparison in how they fight and what they've achieved in similar time frames in the UFC. Only real comparison is they know how to sell fights.

GSP didn't do too badly after he was beaten by Serra. 1 loss in the organisation and things changing drastically is being a bit over-dramatic.

probably lots of the stuff he was on a the press conference and eventual overdose.

RDA knocked out Ben Henderson and Cerrone in the first round, and he beat the ever loving brakes off Pettis and Nate Diaz.

There is no shame in losing to RDA.

He'll give credit to RDA, he'll say that he was rusty at 155 since he hadn't fought there in years. He'll fight Edgar and then move to 155 permanently, working his way up towards another title shot

If he loses he will be fine. He seems to have the mentality that he would accept defeat, and move forward without excuses and without having a mental breakdown like Ronda. I personally think he would chill out a bit and act a little more humble. I would hope at least. I went from being a big fan, to wanting him to get knocked down a peg as of late........

Well, he's supposedly in a win, win situation with this next fight if he loses. It's hard to tell if people are posting with rational, dislike for someone or genuinely how they feel the fight plays out. Either way, I'm sure there will be people who'll expect it to be a massacre by Dos Anjos or people who feel Conor will KO him, who'll post their over reactionary responses on here.

I don't even know fully what the full list of what he's number 1 in is; most watched main event on Fight Pass, biggest PPV last year, highest paid gate in the States. fastest KO in a title match and probably a couple of others. That's not going to change after the next fight.

If by that you think 1 loss will affect his ability to draw as well, there's plenty of fights out there that I'm sure people will watch. Sonnen didn't beat the number 1 fighter in his division or the then P4P best, Conor did. There's not much comparison in how they fight and what they've achieved in similar time frames in the UFC. Only real comparison is they know how to sell fights.

GSP didn't do too badly after he was beaten by Serra. 1 loss in the organisation and things changing drastically is being a bit over-dramatic.

Oddly, you still don't seem to grasp my point. Whether Sonnen fights similarly to Conor is completely irrelevant, as is the case of GSP.

Firstly, I do think dos Anjos beats Conor.... but it is not a confident pick. Anyone still doubting McGregor's quality now needs their head checked. I am very well aware that this fight could end with dos Anjos staring up at the lights. McGregor is an other-worldly striker with insane power and precision. I'm going to bet on RDA because I think that he must surely have learned the obvious lesson from Conor's fights with Mendes and Aldo (ie, takedowns and top control good, striking at range bad), but the opposite result would not surprise me in the slightest.

But back to the main topic - I just suspect that Conor will not react well to being beaten in the Octagon. Some fighters are unmoved by bad losses and come back better than ever, and some fighters struggle both inwardly and outwardly to manage after a nasty defeat. My suspicion is that McGregor, like Rousey, like I believe Floyd Mayweather would have been had he ever lost in boxing, will not handle it too well, and will not be long for this game thereafter. Everything with him seems to be about being number 1, the infallible fighter, the unstoppable draw, and I just can't see him adjusting very well to not being the best fighter in those weight classes, and seeing his popularity dip, meaning that he can't make the "I'm feeding everyone" wild claims anymore.

If RDA narrowly outpoints him, maybe he remains unbowed and gets back to featherweight business without missing a beat. But if RDA takes him down, beats him to a bloody pulp on the canvas and gets an ultra-dominant TKO, or hits him with a bodykick then crushes him with punches against the fence, I really don't believe that McGregor will rebound from that and remain a high-profile champion for a long time. JMHO.

He's had a taste of the high life and he likes it, I dont think he would just get out, I think the opposite is true, he will cling on to everything that pays.

I hope RDA gives him a serious beat down, Conor should come out a nicer, more humbled person because of it.........maybe

Back