How well do you know MMA records?

generalyum

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Personally I don't find MMA records are that important, especially compared to something like boxing. I try to emphasize to casuals that records aren't necessarily reflective of their career/skill.

With that being said, I realized I don't know the exact record of several fighters off the top of my head (ex. Big Nog, Poirier, Faber, etc.) . In fairness, I can name the records of my favorite fighters though like Condit (32-14), TKZ (17-8) and some random ones like Carwin (12-2).

If someone were to ask you for the records of legends or the current UFC HoFers would you be able to do it (not including Khabib for obvious reasons)?

Personally I don't find MMA records are that important, especially compared to something like boxing. I try to emphasize to casuals that records aren't necessarily reflective of their career/skill.

With that being said, I realized I don't know the exact record of several fighters off the top of my head (ex. Big Nog, Poirier, Faber, etc.) . In fairness, I can name the records of my favorite fighters though like Condit (32-14), TKZ (17-8) and some random ones like Carwin (12-2).

If someone were to ask you for the records of legends or the current UFC HoFers would you be able to do it (not including Khabib for obvious reasons)?
The only record I know for a fact is Rickson Gracie is 400-0, just like your average Sherdogger

I know most of the GOAT and legends records because they are so memorable and stick in my mind, guys like GSP or Jones or Fedor for example I remember all their fights and records and win streaks. But most I don't know off the top of my head because there are thousands of fighters and too much to remember.

Someone like Brock I remember because he didn't have many fights and they were all in big events

I have trouble remembering who fought 2 weeks prior
let alone records lol
i have trouble remembering who’s in what Weightclass these days with everybody moving around chasing bpelts

life is big brain stuff

I remember their notable wins and losses. Overall records not so much. I couldn’t tell you any given fighter’s overall record from memory, probably. Shit, not even Fedor. Ima guess 40-6-1.

Just checked and it’s 40-7-1. I was close I guess.
<Fedor23>

I couldn't rattle off records too much, I could get close, would more be able to tell you who they fought and who won I reckon.

Not sure what Silva's ended up but he took a few losses towards the end, and he shouldn't have gotten the decision against Brunson. I'll go 34-8.

34-11-1 ha ha, yeah that happens a bit.

Back