How was Ankalaev's kick "unintentional" ?

Are you baiting me to give an answer worth a yellow card?

Nice try

<28>

Reactions: CPH
He apparently aimed for the body, but missed. Like when Jones stretches his fingers towards someone's eyes, he is not actually trying to eye poke, but fix their hair (but occasionally misses it).

Anything over the clavical (to a downed opponent) should be taken as an intentional knee and DQ

Last edited:
Because he never e-mailed or texted that a knee to the head or a groin strike was his intention.

If a Daggy knees someone in the head in Abu Dhabi, it has to be ruled unintentional it's the law

Same thing for weight miss

UFC so greedy and eager to court the Arab market that they compromised the integrity of their product. This card fucking sucked.
It’s not just the market…it’s his UAE investors. If this was in the US, he’d be shitting all of the doctor from the moment the card was over. All I’ve heard from him on the doctor was “he was inexperienced.”

Yeah it could have easily been a DQ loss, it landed nowhere near Walkers stomach, I saw some people were saying he was trying to kick him in the gut, but damn Walker has a very long torso and it was a long way off, its not even like he has a short torso or neck, he is 6'6''

Th
UFC so greedy and eager to court the Arab market that they compromised the integrity of their product. This card fucking sucked.
i agree. Felt like a letdown. They should have just brought in BJ penn to beat up some can and make us all happy

and have Renzo Gracie do something

I thought he meant to hit him in the chest, but he doesn't have the precision of Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnen. If you're going to throw a knee like that, you better not miss the target.

Yeah it could have easily been a DQ loss, it landed nowhere near Walkers stomach, I saw some people were saying he was trying to kick him in the gut, but damn Walker has a very long torso and it was a long way off, its not even like he has a short torso or neck, he is 6'6''
Yeah he knee'd the tallest LHW in the UFC right in the jaw.

Ankalaev seems like an angry dude. The whole Jan "robbery" BS seemed to bring the worst out of him and his team of yes men.
Walker was supposed to be a squash match and an easy finish so I'm guessing he bought into his own hype and got pissed when he felt Walker wall walking back to his feet since the entire world was calling for this to be a cakewalk. Ankalaev has such an undeserved amount of hype (people still act like he killed Jan and would kill the other contenders) and I feel like he's the type to fully believe all of it to a fault.

Th

i agree. Felt like a letdown. They should have just brought in BJ penn to beat up some can and make us all happy

and have Renzo Gracie do something

The officiating was just so bad, they would have fucked that up too.

The idea is that he didn't know that Walker was grounded but who's fault is that?

If you grab someone's jersey in football, even if it's unintentional, you get penalized. MMA rules need to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back