• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to un wussify our kids?

ElKarlo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been teaching in Japan for over ten years now. Many kids now don’t play outside at all and it shows. I have first graders that literally can’t hop on one foot nor throw a ball.
My kids are in early elem and preschool. They have sports days here and my kids crush the other kids at races and shuttle runs.
My kids were lucky and until last year they went to a tough daycare. They had to walk almost two miles one way to a park to play. They were barefoot in the school ground til December 1st and could wear sandals. and could only wear boots if it snowed. the school had dangerous homemade playground equipment that even idiots like me helped make. There is a treehouse that the only way in is by a rope. My daughter at 5 could climb the 3 meters up to get in.
We moved and no longer are in the same town that has that daycare. Still between that and the fact that they don’t watch tv and play a lot, they are healthy. I wouldn’t say they are physically gifted not much above average.
Thing is the average has collapsed and physical standards are incredibly low. My daughter at school was tested. All her stats like ball throwing, grip and such were way above other kids in my prefecture.
my son plays tag with the other kids at school. Dude catches the other kids like he isn’t even trying and they can’t even catch him.
We are raising kids who never play outside. That makes it so that they never get fast and strong. As their bodies grow into and adapt to what they do. Sitting inside all day playing video games makes for unhealthy kids

I saw this start in the 90s in the USA. In my neighborhood when I was in HS I noticed that there were minivans parked in front of our house which was the bus stop for school. The moms would drive the kids down, like 100-200 meters to the bus stop and pick them up there in the afternoon. They were removing all aspects of exercise from these kid’s lives. I never saw the kids play outside either.
I think allowing kids to be raised by screens is a mistake. It’s going to lead to poorly developed kids with no attention span and no social skills.
JFK like him or hate him, he had a good PE program started. Focusing on physical development is missing in it’s entirety from modern society and that has to have a massive impact on mental and physical health. No wonder everyone is fat and unhappy.
I think schools need to focus on physical activities and not just medicate kids to keep them focused. I remember how much I loved recess and if we were good and an extra break.
Seems they instead of the occasional fat kid, that now the fit kid is the exception.

Replace nature and function with electronic distractions and this is inevitable.

Technology will kill us, ironically.
Awhile ago I was leaving a friends place and shared an elevator with a father and child. Kid was having a tantrum because his ipad/tablet wasn't getting signal/wasn't working. Fucker actually gave him his phone to placate. Really? He couldn't wait the minute to get off the elevator and into an area with signal?

I’ve been teaching in Japan for over ten years now. Many kids now don’t play outside at all and it shows. I have first graders that literally can’t hop on one foot nor throw a ball.
My kids are in early elem and preschool. They have sports days here and my kids crush the other kids at races and shuttle runs.
My kids were lucky and until last year they went to a tough daycare. They had to walk almost two miles one way to a park to play. They were barefoot in the school ground til December 1st and could wear sandals. and could only wear boots if it snowed. the school had dangerous homemade playground equipment that even idiots like me helped make. There is a treehouse that the only way in is by a rope. My daughter at 5 could climb the 3 meters up to get in.
We moved and no longer are in the same town that has that daycare. Still between that and the fact that they don’t watch tv and play a lot, they are healthy. I wouldn’t say they are physically gifted not much above average.
Thing is the average has collapsed and physical standards are incredibly low. My daughter at school was tested. All her stats like ball throwing, grip and such were way above other kids in my prefecture.
my son plays tag with the other kids at school. Dude catches the other kids like he isn’t even trying and they can’t even catch him.
We are raising kids who never play outside. That makes it so that they never get fast and strong. As their bodies grow into and adapt to what they do. Sitting inside all day playing video games makes for unhealthy kids

I saw this start in the 90s in the USA. In my neighborhood when I was in HS I noticed that there were minivans parked in front of our house which was the bus stop for school. The moms would drive the kids down, like 100-200 meters to the bus stop and pick them up there in the afternoon. They were removing all aspects of exercise from these kid’s lives. I never saw the kids play outside either.
I think allowing kids to be raised by screens is a mistake. It’s going to lead to poorly developed kids with no attention span and no social skills.
JFK like him or hate him, he had a good PE program started. Focusing on physical development is missing in it’s entirety from modern society and that has to have a massive impact on mental and physical health. No wonder everyone is fat and unhappy.
I think schools need to focus on physical activities and not just medicate kids to keep them focused. I remember how much I loved recess and if we were good and an extra break.
Seems they instead of the occasional fat kid, that now the fit kid is the exception.

I have a very good mate who from the age of around 21 (he's now 42), spent around 15yrs living essentially as a hermit - massive stoner, never went out, only saw the boys if a couple of them went around to smoke weed with him and watch South Park and WWE.

He has a 6yr old daughter now, and even pre-covid, I always noticed how he was raising her essentially to be like him - I never saw her out playing with schoolfriends or anything like that. She seemed to constantly be glued to a little tablet, watching cartoons in silence. Worrying.

Some details on how I'm raising and rearing my kids.

I teach them about God and Jesus. They are sinners, But Christ died for them. We all deserve nothing, we deserve Hell. Any good gift ultimately comes from God. And thank God for every good gift. They are not entitled to things. They are taught that bad things will happen in this life. The question is how you deal with them. God is in control of the bad things too. Turn to him, draw strength from God and he will help you deal with whatever comes your way. This is foundational at our house.

I pray with my kids. They know I love them. I have their back. Them doing their part and me doing mine builds confidence.

They go to church, they learn what is right and wrong

Kids need chores

They also play some sports and I encourage them to develop their talents. As dad, I help them practice and workout. To teach them they have to prepare for things throughout the week before they show up for the game. Life lessons.

My 13 year old works on a farm at least 2 times a month doing chores.

Amish and Mennonite children don’t have these problems.

Lack of fathers. Lack of discipline. Lack of physical activity and being outdoors, addiction to globalist smart phones and globalist social media, no male teachers in early grades, young boys made to sit still for hours, ADD medications, over prescribing of drugs in general, simplifying math and other difficult activities, everybody is a winner and gets a prize, lack of fathers, lack of time for parents to cook home cooked meals, lack of trust among everyone, lack of fathers, high fructose corn syrup in everything, mass consumption of fast food, giant cities with millions of people that are unhappy, lack of proper housing, lack of fathers.

Some details on how I'm raising and rearing my kids.

I teach them about God and Jesus. They are sinners, But Christ died for them. We all deserve nothing, we deserve Hell. Any good gift ultimately comes from God. And thank God for every good gift. They are not entitled to things. They are taught that bad things will happen in this life. The question is how you deal with them. God is in control of the bad things too. Turn to him, draw strength from God and he will help you deal with whatever comes your way. This is foundational at our house.

I pray with my kids. They know I love them. I have their back. Them doing their part and me doing mine builds confidence.

They go to church, they learn what is right and wrong

Kids need chores

They also play some sports and I encourage them to develop their talents. As dad, I help them practice and workout. To teach them they have to prepare for things throughout the week before they show up for the game. Life lessons.

My 13 year old works on a farm at least 2 times a month doing chores.

Do you drive them to baseball practice?

Awhile ago I was leaving a friends place and shared an elevator with a father and child. Kid was having a tantrum because his ipad/tablet wasn't getting signal/wasn't working. Fucker actually gave him his phone to placate. Really? He couldn't wait the minute to get off the elevator and into an area with signal?
We strive for laziness.

Lack of fathers. Lack of discipline. Lack of physical activity and being outdoors, addiction to globalist smart phones and globalist social media, no male teachers in early grades, young boys made to sit still for hours, ADD medications, over prescribing of drugs in general, simplifying math and other difficult activities, everybody is a winner and gets a prize, lack of fathers, lack of time for parents to cook home cooked meals, lack of trust among everyone, lack of fathers, high fructose corn syrup in everything, mass consumption of fast food, giant cities with millions of people that are unhappy, lack of proper housing, lack of fathers.
Truth.

It starts at home. This is what happens when you raise a kid via electronics.
It really does. I see so many kids at the store where the parents just give em a phone and the kid is just a zombie.
My kids can be obnoxious jt they learn how to deal with being bored. Humans should be bored and have to be with their thoughts aldrin time to time

Everyone’s kids are fat and lazy now. This is a societal problem. My kids are actually fit, which is the exception now

Can't you just get your kids involved in sports? That mostly seems to do the trick.

People are products of time and enviroment.

Want them tough?

Send them to factory at 10 years old like kids in video

And after 10 years in factory send them to WW1

That will grow some hair on chest

Back