How to tie a Jiu Jitsu Belt

SubmissionFC

White Belt
Reaction score
Tying a Jiu Jitsu belt is not hard to do, but may take some practice before you can get it down without concentrating on what you are doing. However, after you practice tying your bjj belt just a few times you will be tying it without even thinking about it. Tying a Jiu Jitsu belt or any martial arts belt for that matter is a simple process, so I will break it down for you in a few easy to follow steps :

1. First make sure you are wearing both the pants and top of your Jiu Jitsu Gi. Then put the left side of your gi top or lapel, on top of the right side. Usually at the bottom of your left lapel will have a patch signifying that the side with the patch will be over the other lapel.

2. Now that you are wearing your Jiu Jitsu Gi the correct way place the middle of your jiu Jitsu belt across your stomach. Both ends of your bjj belt will be touching the floor at this point.

3. Wrap the belt around you to the back and swap each end with the opposite hands. Then bring the ends of the belt back in front of you. At this point the belt is placed correctly and all that is left is tying your jiu Jitsu belt.

4. Now cross the ends of the belt in front of you, crossing the left hand side first then crossing the right hand side over the left one.

5. Then completely tuck the end of your belt that is now on your left side under the belt that is wrapped around you. Its as if you are tucking it under 2 belts. Once this is done simply pull both ends of your jiu Jitsu belt so that it gets tight on you.

6. Now all that is left is making a knot on your bjj belt. You can do this by putting the right end of the belt on top of the left and pinch it with your left thumb and fingers. Then bend the end of the belt on top towards you, underneath the other belt and begin to pull both ends.

7.There you have it; you just tied your very own Jiu Jitsu belt all by yourself! Congratulations!

You can now purchase your very own high quality yet affordable Jiu Jitsu Belt or Jiu Jitsu Gi at the highly popular SubmissionFC online store!

Ooooooohhh, I get it. This is a freaking spam ad for your douche bag website!

I tie my belt in a double windsor knot

I have a sick scarf choke!

I have a question about #1.

Do I put the pants, or the jacket on first?

This thread is epic.

SpamClassic.jpg

You're supposed to wear the pants AND the top of the gi? If only someone had told me sooner...

can't wait for them to start selling guard dvds.

1) lay on back
2) have opponent on knees
3) wraps legs around opponent
4) flail arms and moan and whimper

Just bought a belt from the site.

:rolleyes: My BJJ will never include pants, and it's this sort of bullshit that's holding our sport back.

Back