How to set up the double when... (wrestling question)

SIG Nature

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm a lead left footed wrestler, which is a bummer because most other wrestlers are lead right footed.

try and get them out of their stance by hand fighting and beating up their head. The thing is, you shouldn't try and force the double, but take whatever takedown is available to you at the time.

hit em when theyre in a square stance; it should be pretty easy to get them there, pull and push war.

And you may say it sucks for you, but think about the easy single there look at the positive lol

Dude. I know your pain. I am also a left leg lead. What I usually do in competition is time the guy coming in. Some guys will come at me putting left in front of right and once they step their left forward I will shoot. This works better in a real match than practice cause they will be more aggressive usually. You can also touch the head (with your left/lead hand) , fake a single to their lead leg (right leg), and when they step back shoot the double. I have never used that one but plenty of other wrestlers do. I always time them stepping with their left forward when they are coming at me. Or, to avoid all of this, just learn to shoot with your right leg:) (which i can't do by the way lol but working on it)

Left handed left footed as well.
I can lead with either leg but I usually shoot off my left.

My favorite (and highest percentage) shot was a high crotch to my opponents back leg. I back step with my right leg (while leading with the left) while pulling on my opponents left arm. This brings their left leg forward. Drop for the high crotch and cut the angle. Throws alot of people off because you can cut the corner fast. Also, the only shot you have to worry about (as a counter) is a single leg.

You need to square them up before shooting. At that point, it doesnt matter what leg you are leading with.

collar tie , arm drag, get em off balance, fakes

Back