How to do any Wristlock...

Man, the wrist lock was my favorite thing. I was wristlocked ONE time and then I went wristlock happy and caught it a lot of times. It got me out of bad positions when I was in someone’s triangle or mounted. Nothing fancy, just the novice grab-the-arm -and-push-the-wrist-down style wristlock....Then one day I wristlocked this guy in his 40’s and he yelled out “Agghhhhhhh” and we stopped and he spent some time bending his wrist back and forth. I felt like such a jerk after seeing his pain I quit going for them altogether.

Neat Video on wrist lock applications.

I like what was said at the beginning ..........."why would you ignore half a percent of the human body"!

Its a well known trait in TMA its those little things that break the balance over in your favor.

Learning about joint rotation or limb mobility range aka "ROM" is really good to know whether your on the ground or standing up.

As everything has its moment or instance of application or even unseen application, because sometimes its about sensitivity knowing the given input from your opponent you either follow or add to it.

In this situation your adding to get the advantage and something as simple as a wrist lock creates the needed opening you need to gain control of the situation.

Even in a strong grab pulling back the pinky finger does that trick as well.

Neat youtube channel as well.

Last edited:
Man, the wrist lock was my favorite thing. I was wristlocked ONE time and then I went wristlock happy and caught it a lot of times. It got me out of bad positions when I was in someone’s triangle or mounted. Nothing fancy, just the novice grab-the-arm -and-push-the-wrist-down style wristlock....Then one day I wristlocked this guy in his 40’s and he yelled out “Agghhhhhhh” and we stopped and he spent some time bending his wrist back and forth. I felt like such a jerk after seeing his pain I quit going for them altogether.
He was being a drama bitch.

Wrist lock is one of my sins when I roll and the partner caught in an armbar setup doesn't want to give up his arm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back