How to Cut most weight overnight?

Are you saying this is impossible? That is exactly when I bring my 69kg lifter to 69kg.

You bring your 69kg lifter down to 69kg?

Sounds like a really hard cut.

He missed this part.

"Granted the most we've had to come down is 1.2kg"

::sigh::

Come on guys, I intentionally omitted that part from the quote.

Can't a guy make a smartass comment anymore without people getting all literal?

Miaou, stop trying to run people off the forum.

^ Hahaha! :icon_chee

so ive only seen like 3 or 4 actual attempts to help me,anybody got any rela input to help me out here? I can easily cut 5 lbs,but obviously i'd rather do it sleeping than having to go sit in a sauna or something

People gave you their advice. Take it or leave it IMO

Ok I have another question then. What do I do to rehydrate on same day weigh ins when I wrestle about an hour after I weigh in, but also have a meet the next day or two days later? I cut about 10-12 lbs regularly to stay at 152, but I'll have to stay down after my weigh in so I can make weight in two nights. I've heard pedialyte is awesome for this,how do I take my food and drinks to be smart about this?

What I did was munch on cheerios and drink gatorade (pedyalite if you have it). Just don't let yourself get full, cause you WILL have to take a shit...lol

You are a high school kid. If you start doing stupid shit now, you are going to be in much worse shape later on. Wait until later in life to be an utter idiot. You really have plenty of time.

You are a high school kid. If you start doing stupid shit now, you are going to be in much worse shape later on. Wait until later in life to be an utter idiot. You really have plenty of time.

Does this sage advice apply to everyone?

Sure. We have, apparently, an unbelievable amount of time for idiocy. I am living proof of this.

I'll keep this in mind. Does this apply to lifting as well?

Ok I have another question then. What do I do to rehydrate on same day weigh ins when I wrestle about an hour after I weigh in, but also have a meet the next day or two days later? I cut about 10-12 lbs regularly to stay at 152, but I'll have to stay down after my weigh in so I can make weight in two nights. I've heard pedialyte is awesome for this,how do I take my food and drinks to be smart about this?

The answer is that you're cutting way too much weight in the first place. The general rule is to cut no more than a pound for every two hours you have between weigh-ins and competition; this isn't exactly true for one- or two-hour weigh ins, since you can get away with cutting more and rehydrating quickly. But with your weigh-ins, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to cut more than 3 lbs. for a match.

I don't even know what to tell you. Your only option is to rehydrate a bit after weighing in but compete still dehydrated. Eat food that will give you energy without weighing much, since your concern at this point is the sheer weight of food. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably eat a peanut butter sandwich, have an energy bar, drink a couple of pounds of Pedialyte, and wrestle. You'll probably still feel lousy wrestling, but if you can make it (like, if we're talking about a tournament) through with a win, you'll be OK. Check your weight later in the day, and that will determine how much you can eat and drink and how far you can get from your weight class.

Honestly, there is no good advice for anyone to give you, because you can't cut 10-12 lbs. for a one-hour weigh in and have to stay dehydrated afterwards because you're weighing in several times per week, except to do the following:

a.) strongly consider moving up in weight if and when you start wrestling like shit.

or

b.) if you haven't already, get your bodyfat down to a level where the cuts is much more manageable. This would mean that you'd have to make changes to your diet.

Easy fixes like losing large amounts of weight overnight don't exist.

Back