How to brew the Kung-fu tea (very good)

gungfudisciple

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How to Brew Kung Fu Tea

You might be familiar with one of the meanings of Kung Fu: martial arts. But it has more meanings in Chinese - hard work, labor, level of achievement, skill, free time, etc. Kung Fu Cha is the Chinese tea brewing process that incorporates all these meanings. Here's how to indulge in the beauty and warmth of Kung Fu tea in the comfort of your own home.
Steps

1. Appreciate the tradition. In the Chinese traditional tea culture, Kung Fu tea has a certain etiquette that goes along with it, a procedure that drinkers follow. Each different place adds various details. Study the various ways in which Kung Fu tea is served and enjoyed, and eventually you will develop your own unique way.

2. Get a tea set: This will include a tea tray, teapot, tea sea, mugs, and a smelling cup. Rinse all vessels with hot water. This signifies that the ritual of tea making has begun by purifying the pot, cleaning it of dust and residue and making it ready to receive the tea. It also warms the vessels since the hot water is then poured into the serving pitcher and from there into the tasting cups. This is done because at room temperature ceramic teaware is usually quite cold and unsuited to brewing fine teas whose temperature must be carefully controlled. After rinsing, the water should be discarded into the draining tray or a waste water bowl.

3.Prepare the tea leaves in advance, so that they are ready to be placed in the pot as soon as it has been warmed. A tea caddy, or

7. Pour the water into the tea sea, which is used to avoid bitterness from soaking the pot for a long time.

8. Add tea leaves and let soak.

* Oolong Tea: For light oolongs, such as Bao Zhong & Imperial Green, use 70

Just out of curiosity, are you actually Chinese or Asian at all?

actually, a cast iron teapot is superior to ceramic: better heat retention. Plus it's cast iron and that's FAR manlier than ceramic.

I'll admit my first reaction was to make some type of joke. But honestly if your training martial arts with some type of focus, formality, repetition, meditation, and what have you that one might assume goes on in some type of Kung Fu schools and other more spiritual developement leaning martial arts.

Then pushing the same approach into your daily life might be beneficial to both your life and art.

But it is tempting just to think of this dude dressed up in a formal kimono all by himself sipping tea with his pinky out.

My tea ritual involves the microwave and smelling the aroma of all the splattered spaghetti remnants billowing out after nuking the premade bottled green tea. Doesn't have quite the pizazz.

lol No you're not that fargone yet Chad. There is hope yet. But maybe after seeing Benny, who knows what either one of us will sound like?

*prepares for MUCH chanting*

Carlson said:
I'll admit my first reaction was to make some type of joke. But honestly if your training martial arts with some type of focus, formality, repetition, meditation, and what have you that one might assume goes on in some type of Kung Fu schools and other more spiritual developement leaning martial arts.

Then pushing the same approach into your daily life might be beneficial to both your life and art.

But it is tempting just to think of this dude dressed up in a formal kimono all by himself sipping tea with his pinky out.

My tea ritual involves the microwave and smelling the aroma of all the splattered spaghetti remnants billowing out after nuking the premade bottled green tea. Doesn't have quite the pizazz.

Thank you. The true meaning of Kung-fu, or gung-fu, is the way of excellence. Whatever you do, do it as close to perfection as you can.

KUNG FU IS MORE THAN JUST SOME TMA is my point, kung-fu is a principle that applies to everything.

Chad Hamilton said:
Guy's-

PLEASE tell me I don't sound like this guy!

Your Kichari was good!!! Keep it up. If you have any more recipies post 'em.

I Started taking yoga because of it. Hopefully it'll help my triangle.

Glad you liked it. It should treat you well and go very well with yoga.

Urban said:
Plus it's cast iron and that's FAR manlier than ceramic.
Well, that's obviously the more important reason to use cast iron.

farmboy said:
Well, that's obviously the more important reason to use cast iron.
Nothing beats drinking motor oil for manliness.

Carlson said:

Bwahahahaha

On a serious note; my jackass roomates broke our microwave because the 'spaghetti remnants' built up on the vents inside, basically blowing it up. Cost us buku bucks.

I appreciated Carlson's point.

I don't think this will help you be a better athlete or fighter, but it might help you get laid- given you're not a total sass in every other aspect of your life.

Girls love fancy shit. Plus you could lie about a time you backpacked through Tibet, and learned this brewing ritual from the lamas, on the run from the Chinese secret police. No, really, baby, wanna see my 700-count silk sheets woven by the lamas?

Madmick said:
I appreciated Carlson's point.

I don't think this will help you be a better athlete or fighter, but it might help you get laid- given you're not a total sass in every other aspect of your life.

Girls love fancy shit. Plus you could lie about a time you backpacked through Tibet, and learned this brewing ritual from the lamas, on the run from the Chinese secret police. No, really, baby, wanna see my 700-count silk sheets woven by the lamas?
you know, you could skip all this shit and just show them the sheets. It's a proven fact that anything over 650 thread count plus causes women to rip of their clothes and dive onto the bed. The mere mention of 700 thread count sheets oughta moisten them for you. No tea involved.

Urban said:
you know, you could skip all this shit and just show them the sheets. It's a proven fact that anything over 650 thread count plus causes women to rip of their clothes and dive onto the bed. The mere mention of 700 thread count sheets oughta moisten them for you. No tea involved.
Good point.

Plus you don't have to spend an hour feeling like a dandy.

Myself, I have two sets of sheets. One is the aformentioned 650+ thread count. by now the reason for their existence should be obvious. The other set is made of 50 grit sandpaper. Why? Cause it's manly that's fucking why.

Back