How To Break Up A Fight! (GRACIE BREAKDOWN)

if you are jumping in a SF, you are probably going to get involved in the fight, so a good old RNC would be a much wiser choice.

if you are jumping in a SF, you are probably going to get involved in the fight, so a good old RNC would be a much wiser choice.

and then you get kicked in the head by one of his homies.

i bartended throughout college and had to break up a handful of fights. every single one was stopped with an rnc, and i never got kicked in the head, but it's something i think about.

and then you get kicked in the head by one of his homies.

i bartended throughout college and had to break up a handful of fights. every single one was stopped with an rnc, and i never got kicked in the head, but it's something i think about.

What do you think it's going to happen if you try to take the hommie on top of the other dude, you are still going to get beat the living shit out if you are alone... Besides you don't need to get hooks and go to the ground stand long rnc is what a was thinking...

One of the video clips they show in this video is that dude in the blue shorts beating on that guy from mount with his girl trying to get him off.

Having watched that full clip, I kinda find it hard to believe she would have been successful with this technique. The dude on top had grappling experience and was pretty jacked. I think she grabs his arm and stops some punches, but doesn't get farther than that.

Also, the girl and guy getting beat up in that clip were the "bad guys", so we don't really want her to be successful in pulling him off.

No Rener Gracie bullshit is going to top this.

Lol, did not watch Vid.........

Do they teach how to all rile up and intimidate someone like Ralek did to that kid just for believing Kickboxing was better at a party and the school him to be cool in front of others?

Or do they advocate waiting in a car, 3 on 1 jumping someone, and using a Metal Box or tool box to hit someone with?????? That old school GJJ tactic that was often used?

As for the train, last night in Japan summer 2014, I had to wield an Umbrella same way at someone. Some older Japanese guy mentally ill or drunk was getting in the face of a girl, yelling and stuff whom was sitting down. NONE OF THE Japanese so called MEN did anything, they all faced forward hoping non-involvement.

The guy settled down a bit, but then got back into girls face again, and reached back into his right pocket.......I literally had to go Samurai on him, yelling at him to sit down, worried he might pull a weapon. It was a exercise hand grip it turns out, but still was worried he might punch girl with it. I had to at first intimidate him, a tactic I have used before, and then tried to call him down, saying Sorry and later Please in Japanese, and motioning for him to please sit down away from everyone. He seemed perhaps mentally Ill, or what I think is often FAKE mental illness in Japan....the crazies scream for attention it seems, and perhaps not really schizophrenic. Anyway, did not want to have to get physical with this guy, and it worked, but was still worried when I had to get off the train. Others that got off thanked me, because I did something, but also did not kick the guys ass. Tried to tell Security office about it so would phone ahead, but they did not.........

Damn Asian do not get involved attitudes.....anyway, the days of hard karataka/judo/Samurai men is mostly dead in Japan. Left the $25 Pancrase hat I just bought a week earlier on the train.................

I like this video. Good technique for noobs and doesn't outstay its welcome.

My buddy & his wife witnessed a fight outside his van in a parking lot. The 2 guys were fighting in between cars & they hit the van & made a dent. My buddy went out & choke one guy unconscious & left. LOL!

I thought this was a really good video. This move is low risk, simple, can be taught in 5 minutes, and even if it fails you haven't really engaged in the fight.

A RNC on the other hand demands a certain amount of skill, strength, and balance (if you want to keep it standing); and if it fails for some reason you're now grappling in the middle of a street fight.

Also if for whatever reason you get sued for stepping in, "he tried to choke me to death!" looks a lot worse than "he grabbed my hand and pulled!".

I thought this was a really good video. This move is low risk, simple, can be taught in 5 minutes, and even if it fails you haven't really engaged in the fight.

A RNC on the other hand demands a certain amount of skill, strength, and balance (if you want to keep it standing); and if it fails for some reason you're now grappling in the middle of a street fight.

Also if for whatever reason you get sued for stepping in, "he tried to choke me to death!" looks a lot worse than "he grabbed my hand and pulled!".

well, then you better have a good RNC, there is no reason why you cant choke someone out when hes concentrated in beating to pulp some other dude. We are talking about grapplers stepping in, not regular joes.

On the other hand, yes you can get sue, but you have to assume as well that as soon as you try to break the fight, the dude might get pissed off and start fighting you instead of the other dude, that couldve been knocked out already.

Bottom line, if you going to do it, do it well, or just dont do it at all, and if you are still going to half ass do it, you better be prepare to get in a full scrap yourself.

Hot damn, a Gracie Academy video that shows something useful and isn't 45 minutes long!

Did they mention what to do if the guy on bottom gets up and shit kicks the guy that was pulled off? Or do they just continue the whirly bird drill?

Bottom line, if you going to do it, do it well, or just dont do it at all, and if you are still going to half ass do it, you better be prepare to get in a full scrap yourself.

I think you and this guy are on the same page.

do yourselves a favor and watch his interview. He breaks down his "5 step plan" to completely murder the attackers and "anyone else who gets in his way"!

this dude says he carries his katana because recently he has become more deadly without it. I feel like this isn't the last we'll see of him.

I think you and this guy are on the same page.

do yourselves a favor and watch his interview. He breaks down his "5 step plan" to completely murder the attackers and "anyone else who gets in his way"!

this dude says he carries his katana because recently he has become more deadly without it. I feel like this isn't the last we'll see of him.

How am I and the samurai dude in the same page? Rnc someone to pull them off is not the same as to go samurai x on the person...

How am I and the samurai dude in the same page? Rnc someone to pull them off is not the same as to go samurai x on the person...

Good point. He should have immediately beheaded at least one of them. Do it right or not at all.

Scarecrows everywhere in This thread.

Back