Media How the hell do you score this round?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score

One of the best rounds in MMA history, how the hell do you score it?

Luque dominating the beginning of the round on the feet and then almost getting 2 subs while Barbarena drops Luque and finishes the round reigning down GnP.

No matter what your arguments are to score this round, one thinge you can be certain about: Judges will find a way to fck it up.

Quite easy to score actually, Luque was winning majority of the striking exchanges whereas Barbarena dropped him, then got easily reversed and almost subbed twice. Then had about 8-10 seconds of ground and pound. About 2 good moments really, easy Luque 10-9

Sugar Daddy covered it. 10-9 Luque.

An exciting round, a lot of time in the pocket.

9-9

would be 10-9 Luque but he lost a point for getting dropped
I agree with sentiment but it would be 10-10.
There’s no point deduction for knockdowns in MMA so there are no 9-9s unless there is a deduction by the referee for an infraction.

I agree with sentiment but it would be 10-10.
There’s no point deduction for knockdowns in MMA so there are no 9-9s unless there is a deduction by the referee for an infraction.
Except that 10-10's don't really exist. Something like one judge has scored one round a 10-10 every 300 fights.

They are a crutch. Don't lean on them.

PS I agree with Luque as well. EDIT: I don't know anymore. I've watched it a few times now, and I won't argue with anyone who scores it for Barberena or Luque. Judges earned their pay that fight.

Last edited:

Luque dominating the beginning of the round on the feet and then almost getting 2 subs while Barbarena drops Luque and finishes the round reigning down GnP.

Luque 10/8 no sweat. How is that even not clear?

Who did more Damage / Who would you have rather been for that five minutes?

Literally 100% of the time you'll pick the fighter the scoring criteria favors.

Just here to give love to Barbarena.

Zombie style always has a place in my heart.

not sure what TS is smoking, this was quite easy to score. GNP for less than 10 seconds doesn't null getting wrecked for almost the entire round

They exist a heck of a lot more than non-penalized 9-9 rounds, though.

That's because, without a point deduction, at least one of the fighters has to be awarded 10 points. That's how it works.

That's because, without a point deduction, at least one of the fighters has to be awarded 10 points. That's how it works.

Congratulations, you understood the point I was making.

10-8 Barbarena

You mean round 2 I'm assuming? Because that one was a little difficult but I had it 10-9 Barbarena

The first was a pretty clear Luque round even with getting dropped

Back