How overrated was Cain?

There seems to be a new bashing Cain thread every week on here lately. not sure why

enthralling.jpg

(1) Role playing is straight-up wicked.

(2) I don't care a whit for PED busts.

(3) I've been around a long, long time.

(4) You're being unnecessarily assumptuous.

Edit: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/do-any-of-you-have-a-connection-with-a-pro-fighter.3463805/page-9
Page 9
not long enough apparently. don't you know that your page 9 and my page 9 are not necessarily the same (it isn't). Link the post, not the page. doofus...

And yes, I get it, you don't care about PED busts. We can tell from your tier1 HW fighters that cheating isn't a big deal for you.

Whatever makes you happy man.

but sorry, still bullshit. Nowhere on this planet is Barnett considered a top tier HW. Cro Cop isn't either, but since you have no problems with cheating, I can see why you rank him so highly.

anyways, I'm not gonna waste further time with people who rank cheaters above legitimate players.

peace dude. u do u

blablabla

Yes its a shame that he is injured all the time,we know,we get it.
I'm trying to be funny, a guy who is only badass a small percentage of the time is not a real badass

Not even remotely over rated.

His injury problems just mean he can't make it to fights. He's only had one fight in his career where he looked bad.

Otherwise just pure domination.

Overrated? Cain has 2 losses and could have been GOAT if it wasn't for injuries. Cain is unbeatable if he comes into a fight feeling good.

He got KO'd by a lucky punch in 2011 while having a knee injury.
Lost a tough fight against Werdum.

He recently smashed Travis Browne while being injured.

He is HW GOAT at least talent wise and without injuries probably would be Jon Jones level, he is that damn good.

he should have switched camps a long time ago

First Tier:

Fedor
Nogueira
Cro Cop
Werdum
Barnett

Second Tier:

Junior dos Santos
Stipe Miocic
Alastair Overeem
Cain Valesquez

Potential for overlap and/or some reshuffling.

Fedor is the definitive king and Nogueira is the definitive No.1 contender, in my view. After that there can be some debate, but I see it as depicted above.

I struggle the most with respect to where to place Overeem. Too bad he couldn't have stayed on the gimmick. I believe Überreem could have stayed at the top for a long time.
LOL

CroCop? You've got be joking

ts is a fool and a hater. cain wipes the floor with every heavy including stipe and ts knows it. only a retard wouldnt acknowledge altitude affected the werdum fight.

I disagree. Cro Cop has zero quality wins.
He picked up wins in an organized tournament when they played favorites, and through fight fixing

From CroCop's manager:

How Pride favored Cro Cop:

While the other PRIDE fighters stayed at the normal rooms in the dilapidated three-star Shinagawa Prince Hotel, Mirko stayed at the five-star Sakura Tower, which was part of the same complex. Mirko didn’t want to mix with the other fighters, so he didn’t catch the bus with them. I arranged for private transport for him.

PRIDE favored Mirko in matchmaking. We could handpick opponents, and PRIDE assisted us to ensure the opponents didn’t know that they were fighting Mirko until the last minute. Heath Herring and Igor Vovchanchyn were handpicked by us to set up victories on the road to a title fight with Fedor Emelianenko. We all thought Mirko matched up better against Fedor than he would against Nogueira.

Most importantly, because PRIDE needed to protect their investment in their most marketable star, Mirko had the favor of the PRIDE referees—particularly Shimada
. Shimada worked for PRIDE parent company Dream Stage Entertainment (DSE), including in its pro wrestling promotion and was close to top DSE management. Shimada knew what Sakakibara wanted and how to referee Mirko’s fights: quick stand-ups, repositions when things weren’t too good…watch the fights. These are little things, but they are helpful in a fight.

The former managers thoughts on Mirko’s UFC career.

I always thought that once he lost the little protections and privileges he was given in PRIDE, that it would all come tumbling down. That, combined with the usual loss of speed athletes experience as they get into their early 30s—this was always going to be Mirko’s issue since his strong point was the ability to avoid getting hit due to his speed and then countering. The combination of all these factors make it was no great surprise that his UFC career was a washout.

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436138/Cro-Cop-vs-former-manager-Miro-Mijatovic/

- “I was supposed to fight someone else but he was injured and they asked me to fight Mirko,” a naive Caras explained of the match.

- “With the Cro Cop fight, for two weeks before it I had no idea I was fighting him. So when it happened I wasn’t ready mentally for the fight,” Herring later told MMAWeekly.com after losing via first round TKO to Cro Cop.

- King Mo just defeated Satoshi Ishii on December 16 at the Bellator 169 event in Ireland and now, less than two weeks later, he will be taking on Mirko Cro Cop in the Rizin Openweight Grand Prix Quarterfinals.
Mo will be replacing another MMA legend in Wanderlei Silva, who pulled out of the tournament due to injury.

---------------------------
Further Confirmation:

'Rampage' Jackson: 'Pride FC tournaments were fixed'

"The UFC treats me better than Pride. I don't know what their [PRIDE] problem was but they wouldn't promote me at all, they cheated me out of money from dolls and t-shirts, not paying me... when my contract was up and we were negotiating and I wanted more money and they were telling me ‘oh, but you're a nobody.' This was after I had fought in the Grand Prix and beat Igor Vovchanchyn. Even after I went to that K-1 fight and represented them in K-1, they were mad I won that K-1 fight! Just stuff like that... Igor Vovchanchyn, I got two weeks notice [for the fight]. Ninja, two weeks notice. It was bad. The tournaments were fixed. They said they drew numbers from a hat. It was all set up for Wanderlei to win. It was really bad. Even in some fights they would stand you up when you were winning, different stuff like that.
Salty yellow pages crap, and still nobody claimed that the fights were fixed, and doesn't prove anything.

You can put the ring on Times Square or on the Capitol Hill and bout under PRIDE rules and Cro Cop would be much better in it than in the octagon.

Take Cain out of the cage with fence and put him in ring, take him out of unified rules, no fence pushing, no elbows and with faster breaks of clinch and less clinch time and he would be much weaker.
It's simple as that.

However, anyway you look at it, Cro Cop has much better resume and much more quality wins than Cain.

The way he destroyed JDS (Twice), Rothwell, Big Nog, TRT Bigfoot (Twice), Lesnar, and Browne proved how good he was imo, he deserves all hype he has received.

Salty yellow pages crap, and still nobody claimed that the fights were fixed, and doesn't prove anything.

You can put the ring on Times Square or on the Capitol Hill and bout under PRIDE rules and Cro Cop would be much better in it than in the octagon.

Take Cain out of the cage with fence and put him in ring, take him out of unified rules, no fence pushing, no elbows and with faster breaks of clinch and less clinch time and he would be much weaker.
It's simple as that.

However, anyway you look at it, Cro Cop has much better resume and much more quality wins than Cain.

CroCop lost to Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Big Country, Schaub... and tapped on his feet to a punch from JDS.

No he does not have the better resume even if he we overlook the part that he was featured in pro-wresting fights.

Cain is a beast you guys are fucking retarded lol.

He gets injured a fuckton, but let's not pretend like he wasn't the absolute most dominant UFC hw champ and fighter in a division where one punch could put you away. He's also like 6ft tall and fat as shit. Injuries don't make you overrated.

overrated as the Truth on these forums. anybody still remember that guy? he also had a glimpse of greatness in destroying out-of-shape Mir and everybody couldnt stop raving about him. 2 weight class champion, GOAT, blah blah blah. where is he now?

SRR? Yeah, I mean the guy is consensus p4p all time. I think Mayweather has better skills though.

There is no consensus P4P boxer of all-time, though. It's been a hotly debated topic since the institution of weight classes and will continue to be for as long as fighting exists. For me, RJJ and Mayweather with prime, pre- detached retina SRL and Hagler are the P4P GOATS, but to pick one is basically impossible.

Cain was every bit as good as all the hype. His history of injuries just kinda ruined what his legacy could have been. Sadly, he'll probably never reach his full potential at this point.

Yes Cain is way overrated, I spoke of this since his inception in the UFC. I gave him the nickname of pillow hands

Back