How often do you go to the gym (to train)?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by SlowlyWeRot**, Mar 30, 2008.

1. SlowlyWeRot**

SlowlyWeRot** Banned Banned

Me, usually twice for Muay Thai classes, and twice for BJJ every week. Every time I go, I always go and hit the bags and such on my own after, and some days I come in just to lift weights and hit the bags. I wish I'd be able to go more but school and work don't allow it. Each week I train about 10-15 hours total, closer to 10 though most often.

What about you guys?

2. Vector_X

Vector_X Brown Belt

It really depends on my class schedule, but I go to train MT at least 3-4 days a week. I then lift on tues/thurs/sat and do cardio 6 days a week. Sunday I rest typically, but if someone has a fight coming up and they want some help I'll make it into the gym.

Edit: Ohh i guess people are putting down hours too. So ya my Thai classes without the sparring are typically about 1.5 hours and then longer if sparring is involved. Lifting typically takes me about 1 hour or so typically maybe a little less like 50 minutes. The cardio can really vary a lot depending on what exactly I'm doing. If i'm doing a HIIT workout then they typically go for about 25-30 minutes. If it is straight running I typically run 5-6 miles at 7.5 mph or more.

3. noobloser

noobloser Yellow Belt

I don't train in MA, but I work out at the gym 4 times a week. On off days I jog about 3 miles, skip rope, medicine ball training. Probably about 10 hours a week, give or take.

4. RyanMMA09

RyanMMA09 Purple Belt

I have an hour and a half of BJJ followed by an hour of MMA on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I'll usually go to the gym for an hour and a half on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Sunday's my rest day, seems to work out nice for me thus far.

5. GrazZ

GrazZ Guest

right now just once a week for MT because im just starting out, my body isnt used to the different strain on it yet

eventually it will be 2x Aikido, 2x MT, 1x weights, 2x rest once my legs stop hurting from throwing kicks :p i'd love to get a 3rd day in there but life gets in the way you know?

6. Rush_18

Rush_18 Blue Belt

im training myself (with books and videos) because there are no trainers within an hour of where i live so until im out of school im just doing the following, 6 days a week, 2 hours a day(one hour bag work, one hour weights) and cardio on sundays

7. Snives823

Snives823 Green Belt

i go to weight train mon,tues,thurs,fri muay thai wed and grappling everyday. sunday is my only day off. i also work in a gym so that makes a difference i guess.

8. Chinaboxer

Chinaboxer Blue Belt

Chinese Boxing - 2x per week
    Muay Thai - 3x per week
    BJJ - 5x per week
    MMA - 5x per week
    Weight lifting - 3x per week

I used to fight amateur Shooto and will soon be fighting Pro. I'll keep ya'll posted!

9. vu

vu Purple Belt

I just do Muay Thai 5 days a week...sometimes when I'm bored and have time to kill, I'll throw in an MMA or BJJ class also...

10. Gavin Smith

Gavin Smith Amateur Fighter

I'd say i go to a martial arts class 3 times a week on average, I say on average cause it can be anywhere from 0- 6 times a week depending on how busy I am with work, I tend to train shit loads when my work is quiet to make up for the inevitable weeks when work is too busy and i can't get to class.

11. No Quarter

No Quarter Blue Belt

MMA 3-4 times per week - includes grappling and muay thai.

HIIT and Strength Training - 3 times per week.

12. Theodore

Theodore Orange Belt

MMA 3 or 4 times a week and cardio on my own on the off days. We mix it up w/ JJ, boxing, ground and pound. Just a different focus for a bit, then on to something else.

13. Kosh

Kosh Guest

2 times a week... I know, it's not much, but after this year my schedule will allow me to go to more clases...

14. GlassJaw

GlassJaw SBC hustler.

4-5 DPW. It's very nice to have your boxing gym down the street from where you live.

15. daninnashville

daninnashville Orange Belt

Usually 4 times for actual classes and six days a week for some type of conditioning. Lately it has been more BJJ but like others have said I think mixing up your workouts can be really helpful and keep you inspired.

16. NoPain

NoPain Green Belt

Steroids?

17. NoviVavilon

NoviVavilon Orange Belt

5 times kickboxing 3 times jiu jitsu ...and 3-4 times lifting weights ( strength training + endurance)

18. Chinaboxer

Chinaboxer Blue Belt

lol..no. But training/conditioning/teaching is my profession.