How often do you go to the gym (to train)?

SlowlyWeRot**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Me, usually twice for Muay Thai classes, and twice for BJJ every week. Every time I go, I always go and hit the bags and such on my own after, and some days I come in just to lift weights and hit the bags. I wish I'd be able to go more but school and work don't allow it. Each week I train about 10-15 hours total, closer to 10 though most often.

What about you guys?

It really depends on my class schedule, but I go to train MT at least 3-4 days a week. I then lift on tues/thurs/sat and do cardio 6 days a week. Sunday I rest typically, but if someone has a fight coming up and they want some help I'll make it into the gym.

Edit: Ohh i guess people are putting down hours too. So ya my Thai classes without the sparring are typically about 1.5 hours and then longer if sparring is involved. Lifting typically takes me about 1 hour or so typically maybe a little less like 50 minutes. The cardio can really vary a lot depending on what exactly I'm doing. If i'm doing a HIIT workout then they typically go for about 25-30 minutes. If it is straight running I typically run 5-6 miles at 7.5 mph or more.

I don't train in MA, but I work out at the gym 4 times a week. On off days I jog about 3 miles, skip rope, medicine ball training. Probably about 10 hours a week, give or take.

I have an hour and a half of BJJ followed by an hour of MMA on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I'll usually go to the gym for an hour and a half on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Sunday's my rest day, seems to work out nice for me thus far.

right now just once a week for MT because im just starting out, my body isnt used to the different strain on it yet

eventually it will be 2x Aikido, 2x MT, 1x weights, 2x rest once my legs stop hurting from throwing kicks :p i'd love to get a 3rd day in there but life gets in the way you know?

im training myself (with books and videos) because there are no trainers within an hour of where i live so until im out of school im just doing the following, 6 days a week, 2 hours a day(one hour bag work, one hour weights) and cardio on sundays

i go to weight train mon,tues,thurs,fri muay thai wed and grappling everyday. sunday is my only day off. i also work in a gym so that makes a difference i guess.

Chinese Boxing - 2x per week
Muay Thai - 3x per week
BJJ - 5x per week
MMA - 5x per week
Weight lifting - 3x per week

I used to fight amateur Shooto and will soon be fighting Pro. I'll keep ya'll posted!

I just do Muay Thai 5 days a week...sometimes when I'm bored and have time to kill, I'll throw in an MMA or BJJ class also...

I'd say i go to a martial arts class 3 times a week on average, I say on average cause it can be anywhere from 0- 6 times a week depending on how busy I am with work, I tend to train shit loads when my work is quiet to make up for the inevitable weeks when work is too busy and i can't get to class.

MMA 3-4 times per week - includes grappling and muay thai.

HIIT and Strength Training - 3 times per week.

MMA 3 or 4 times a week and cardio on my own on the off days. We mix it up w/ JJ, boxing, ground and pound. Just a different focus for a bit, then on to something else.

2 times a week... I know, it's not much, but after this year my schedule will allow me to go to more clases...

4-5 DPW. It's very nice to have your boxing gym down the street from where you live.

Usually 4 times for actual classes and six days a week for some type of conditioning. Lately it has been more BJJ but like others have said I think mixing up your workouts can be really helpful and keep you inspired.

Chinese Boxing - 2x per week
Muay Thai - 3x per week
BJJ - 5x per week
MMA - 5x per week
Weight lifting - 3x per week

I used to fight amateur Shooto and will soon be fighting Pro. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Steroids?

5 times kickboxing 3 times jiu jitsu ...and 3-4 times lifting weights ( strength training + endurance)

Back