how often do u eat ?

every 2 hrs to speed up my normally slow metabolism. Mostly low fat snacks w/ 3 meals & lots of water.

not often enough. i just try to get the protien i need to recover the rest i manage to eat is just a added benefit

not often enough. i just try to get the protien i need to recover the rest i manage to eat is just a added benefit

Don't be modest, ain't you the dude who only eats once a day? lol

7-8 times per day usually. 3 full meals, 3 snacks (usually protein or whole grain something-or-other), and snacks in-between. And stay at a lean 165. It's as much about content as it is about volume where body-composition is concerned.

Once a week...I aint kiddin...this stuff they put me in the drink is WHACKIN'...

wow, you guys have hardcore regimends...

I personally only eat about 2-3 times a day, and various snacks in between.

can't deny the results though, muscle mass is going up and body fat down.

I eat whenever I'm hungry, and during times that I know it's important (PWO), even if I'm not.

But usually, I just eat when I'm hungry (which is all the time, nonstop, throughout the day, hmmm, that looks good, sorta edible, let's find out...get the picture?). I've never had difficulty maintaining or gaining weight.

And I think one of the reasons for that is because I don't ignore my hunger. Keep food out in the open, you're more likely to eat it that way.

paulchu said:
wow, you guys have hardcore regimends...

I personally only eat about 2-3 times a day, and various snacks in between.

I'm assuming you are eating those snacks. Hence you eat more than 2-3 times per day.

I try to eat as often as possible. Normally somewhere around 6 small meals per day. Wish I had time to up the calories a bit more than I do. I wanted to be up at 220 or so by now but have been missing too many meals to pack on the pounds the way I'd like.

I eat whenever I'm hungry, and during times that I know it's important (PWO), even if I'm not.

But usually, I just eat when I'm hungry (which is all the time, nonstop, throughout the day, hmmm, that looks good, sorta edible, let's find out...get the picture?). I've never had difficulty maintaining or gaining weight.

And I think one of the reasons for that is because I don't ignore my hunger. Keep food out in the open, you're more likely to eat it that way.

Isn't it wonderful when you realize we're still animals?

You're one of the only posters I've seen up here who doesn't have that "elevated" stigma about them where there's certain sensitivities that derive from modern thought-patterns.

It's fun when you, and your friends, realize that primal instincts are of great importance especially to the fight-game. Myself and my boys when I lived in Virginia and trained up there...nothing stood in the way of a meal. If anything did we considered it prey. lol It got to a point where we wouldn't even make individual orders at restaurants, we'd just pool all the money we could come up with together and buy everything that sounded good that we could afford. And it turns out you end up with a lot more food that way.

It's funny, too because in having a mentality like that for so long it seeps into other things...like when I find out a girl I like is with another guy immediately I think of just killing him and moving in on the territory. lol

Whenever I'm hungry, I just try to eat a lot of protein and not too much fat and sugar. Generally converts to about 5 meals a day and one or two snacks, but when powerliftng a lot it goes up to maybe 7 meals a day. after squat workouts I can never seem to go more than an hour without feeling ravenous.

King Kabuki said:
Isn't it wonderful when you realize we're still animals?

You're one of the only posters I've seen up here who doesn't have that "elevated" stigma about them where there's certain sensitivities that derive from modern thought-patterns.

It's fun when you, and your friends, realize that primal instincts are of great importance especially to the fight-game. Myself and my boys when I lived in Virginia and trained up there...nothing stood in the way of a meal. If anything did we considered it prey. lol It got to a point where we wouldn't even make individual orders at restaurants, we'd just pool all the money we could come up with together and buy everything that sounded good that we could afford. And it turns out you end up with a lot more food that way.

It's funny, too because in having a mentality like that for so long it seeps into other things...like when I find out a girl I like is with another guy immediately I think of just killing him and moving in on the territory. lol

Thanks K, I like you too.

Oh, and I've definitely become more territorial about chicks as I've gotten older. I was duped into the whole understanding thing: that's a good long road to Tooltown. Whether they admit it or not, women admire and desire strength and aggression. They just don't like physical confrontation or bullshit posturing.

Whenever there is food in front of me... or at the same table as me... or in the room with me... or I smell somebody's food as they walk by eating it (some muggers want money, I just want that burrito you're eating)... basically whenever my Food-sense goes off.

Welcome to the fold Urban. Let's say you, Mick, and myself go out in boots and camo and eat whatever innocent un-suspecting creature we come across first. Or at the very least find some weaker pack of humans and swipe their food stock?

Back