How obvious is it that Chael's Badguy YT is bought and paid for by the UFC???

He has always commented in alignment with UFC

You are being presumptuous
Not on his "own" supposedly "independent" YT channel.

I am just asking a question.

You are being a Dick, Sir<{katwhu}>l@nd0l@nd0

I dunno. I've never really gotten the impression that Chael is saying things JUST because the UFC is following that line of thinking. I think it just so happens that Chael tends to agree with the UFC's choices regarding its fighters. Working closely with the decision makers and fighters of an organization will inevitably make you more sympathetic to their thinking, nothing sinister about that.

Also McGregor and Woodley have earned the right to cherry pick. I know most MMA fans refuse to understand this, but there's more to being a successful fighter than just winning fights. McGregor has such a big personality and following that people will tune in to watch any fight he has. That kind of guaranteed success means he, yes, does get to pick who he fights (besides Khabib, but he already had a go at him so whatever).

TWood is the former welterweight champ with 4 successful title defenses. That kind of prestige makes him a valuable target for anyone in the Top 10. As such he gets a pretty big say in who gets the rub. The current situation has boxed him into likely fighting Edwards even if he doesn't want to, but he originally got to cherry pick Lawler and no one had a problem with that. He had to pull out and lost his leverage between then and now. Happens sometimes.

Those are not just UFC opinions. They're reasonable ones.

Same, I can't remember anything specific as such but I know there's been loads of times where he's said he doesn't get certain things etc... they're doing.

This is the best post in this thread by far (yours not mine ha) and I absolutely agree with what you just said.

He doesn't even work for the UFC. They fired him.

the channel is pretty low budget so I'm not sure why the UFC would have to pay for it...

the podcast is just chael practicing being a promoter
Its not about the production, which you would have to concede is 50xs better now anyway. It's the AUDIENCE and the ability to influence and promote stealthily from what is supposed to be an, "independent source."
<Gordonhat>

Chael could come out in his next video and show you a check from the UFC confirming your suspicions and you're still going to watch.

I dunno. I've never really gotten the impression that Chael is saying things JUST because the UFC is following that line of thinking. I think it just so happens that Chael tends to agree with the UFC's choices regarding its fighters. Working closely with the decision makers and fighters of an organization will inevitably make you more sympathetic to their thinking, nothing sinister about that.

Also McGregor and Woodley have earned the right to cherry pick. I know most MMA fans refuse to understand this, but there's more to being a successful fighter than just winning fights. McGregor has such a big personality and following that people will tune in to watch any fight he has. That kind of guaranteed success means he, yes, does get to pick who he fights (besides Khabib, but he already had a go at him so whatever).

TWood is the former welterweight champ with 4 successful title defenses. That kind of prestige makes him a valuable target for anyone in the Top 10. As such he gets a pretty big say in who gets the rub. The current situation has boxed him into likely fighting Edwards even if he doesn't want to, but he originally got to cherry pick Lawler and no one had a problem with that. He had to pull out and lost his leverage between then and now. Happens sometimes.

Those are not just UFC opinions. They're reasonable ones.
All good points, ESPECIALLY the one about how your loyalties align with your business partners. You COULD be right, but the cherry picking was just 1 example. I came back with a few more. On the cherry picking topic, my point is that he NEVER speaks negatively about a fighters motivations and he has gone on RECORD saying he would never call out a work so him giving his opinions on if situations are works are moot points as he has already said hes gonna tow the line. I pretty much agree about what you said concerning TWood, it was just an example.

I just CANNOT believe that a person that opinionated is ALWAYS gonna agree with the UFC and how they are moving now. ESPECIALLY not a real OLD SCHOOL MMA GANGSTER.

I appreciate your comments though, they are well thought out Fambam:tu

I feel what your saying, but a few more examples:

*He says this is the best time to be watching MMA aka the UFC in History which it clearly is not.

*He says that Meltzer has NO IDEA of the numbers the shows do., BUT they do way better than he estimates.

*He says that there hasn't been a steep decline in viewership its just the Platform change when an IDIOT who has been following for some time can see that interest and ratings HAVE to be way down. You can hardly find PPVS in a Bar
anymore whe you used to have to fight to get in them on fight nights because they were packed with both casuals and die hards.

Thats just a few, but it DEFINITELY goes further than just shilling his Homies, Fam.

But you see the thing is about this, I disagree with those comments also and I'm not paid by the UFC.

This is the best time in UFC history to watch from the fact that it's an exciting time for the UFC and the cross over it's currently doing which we are witnessing, there's exciting fighters and exciting fights being made week by week and in my opinion I agree with Chael there 100%.

Meltzer is big in the wrestling thing too and he's been shown to get things wrong SO many times, just people don't talk about that. YES, he has his sources and is spot on with a lot of things also but I don't get why he's treated like some God with what he says is gospel, it's baffled me since the days of when he was constantly reporting on the WWE all the time and fans there would treat him like everything he said was correct probably cause it backed up their stance on things at times, which I'm not saying it the case with yourself of course, it's just what I noticed they would do :)

Also, you are 10000% wrong about the steep decline, at least from an international point of view because I can't comment in regards to the US perspective as I don't live there but the UFC has grown massively now and is more and more putting on huge events in new countries and demographics all the time because they have grown big enough to get there, it's never been bigger than what it is right now as even 4 or 5 years ago UFC was barely even known here (at least in the UK anyway).

It MAY (or may not) have declined in the US but outside of that and the bigger picture it's grown massively and it's absolutely evident of that with the growth of demographics reached, merchandise sales, stores opening in more countries now, events being put on in more and more places now.

And well MSG last week, they even stopped the Boxing for this because they couldn't compete and asked if they could even show the event there while they waited in Vegas which is NUTS!!! Not to mention everyone who turned up at the event too and the UFC were able to sell this, they could in NO WAY do this even a year ago let along 5 years ago.

You may want to think it's declined or like the idea that it has but it really hasn't and it's not even debatable isn't that, it's just not.

And I don't work for the UFC either lol

He's a color commentator who knows how bread is buttered and where that butter comes from.

Don't get mad. Just acknowledge that he has bias, take in what he says, balance it against the bias, and make your own conclusions. Believe it or not, that's what people used to do in this country with multiple news sources, each with a slightly different bias or bent. They might read 2 different papers (one leaning left, one leaning right), listen to the radio (lean right) and watch the news (leaning left) and from all these sources from slightly different perspectives, come to their own conclusion.

Now most people just silo themselves and their feeds by only getting info they only already agree with. They and we all are less informed and dumber because of this trend.

The older way was better.
I agree with you 100 Bro. I was just asking if it was as obvious to others.

Im far from "Mad" about it, just wanted to start a dialog Fam<13>

I agree with you 100 Bro. I was just asking if it was as obvious to others.

Im far from "Mad" about it, just wanted to start a dialog Fam
I dig it.

I was thinking about my post after I wrote it. It is arguable that the House of Representatives began an impeachment today because of the silo'ing of news I spoke of. The POTUS watching Fox Info-tainment and believes it to be factual. So when they bring up conspiracy theories, he believes them to be 100% true. That is absolutely a result of having one media source.

He doesn't seem to get that their consipriacy theory laden info-tainment business model is to generate viewers, not give accurate news. So he believes it hook line and sinker, and then proceeds to do stupid shit with that inaccurate, biased and illogical source of information.

All because he's too fucking lazy to read newspapers. And too fucking stupid to realize that he should balance the bias of one source with the bias of another.

It's pretty sad. Oops, I mean, "Sad!!!"

EDIT: and sorry for the War Room like rant.

Last edited:
Not on his "own" supposedly "independent" YT channel.

I am just asking a question.

You are being a Dick, Sir<{katwhu}>l@nd0l@nd0

Yeah I think you're thread is absolutely fine, just making a conversation and saying how you feel etc.. on it with debate :)

He just finds it really difficult not to be bias and criticise people he likes personally, but people he dislikes like jones he has no issue with criticizing. He also tries way too hard to sound really smart and acts like he knows stuff that no one else does. Like he actually tries to make the argument that askrens ufc career has been a success and that Whitaker did good against adesanya
Ohhhh, good 1 I forgot about Jones but that just seems that for whatever reason he took that asswhipping personal.lmao

No, but your Whittaker and Askren points are what I mean, Like EVERY FIGHTER and narrative are super positive.

The underlying message is "This is the home of the best fighters in the world and each 1 is a champion or champion material. Each fight, fighter, and event are GREAT!!!" He just kind of oversells imo. Again, I can't imagine a person that opinionated NEVER DISAGREEING with the UFC narrative...for free.lmao. I really enjoy the uploads tho. Watch them almost every day

The weirdest thing about his channel was that it had like 150k subscribers super early and barely any views. Wouldn't be surprised if there are som fookery with bought subscribers
You Sir, are not your average dumbass.

*CHEERS
{<redford}

He's a ufc mouthpiece He will support anything from good ass ideas like edwards woodley or finding adesanya a replacement for costa to downright dogshit ideas like that fake ass WWE belt, or that fake ass money belt boxing match, to that bullshit 229 rematch, to outing Corey Anderson down for speaking out. He's a shill. Worse than Ariel but like @Mr.Maelstrom said I don't think Dana pays him. Imo just think chael is enough of a moron to suck up to the UFC like that.
Hell yeah, you reminded me of narratives that I i noticed but couldnt remember. Brother!!!lol the BMF Belt, Conor basically won the fight with Floyd(Mr you have to follow the rules of your given sport is saying that being a frontrunner wins the fight, WTF??? What about STRATEGY Chael? Whos hand got raised Brother???), the Rematch. All excellent points.

Now I PERSONALLY don't believe that a Businessman and a Gangster would do these things for free when he KNOWS that he is contributing to the bottomline and there is money to be made. Thats the only thing I disagree about, but GREAT POST Fam.
{<redford}{<redford}

chael is a brown noser kiss ass. and has done very well because of it

Ohhhh, good 1 I forgot about Jones but that just seems that for whatever reason he took that asswhipping personal.lmao

No, but your Whittaker and Askren points are what I mean, Like EVERY FIGHTER and narrative are super positive.

The underlying message is "This is the home of the best fighters in the world and each 1 is a champion or champion material. Each fight, fighter, and event are GREAT!!!" He just kind of oversells imo. Again, I can't imagine a person that opinionated NEVER DISAGREEING with the UFC narrative...for free.lmao. I really enjoy the uploads tho. Watch them almost every day
I just think its something he does on his own. Rogan bisping all these other guys can be critical but chael just chooses not to be. Its not like Dana would only offer chael money and not anyone else

He doesn't even work for the UFC. They fired him.
Every business relationship isn't announced Bro.

Do Politicians announce the new relationship when they hire an online marketing firm to sway public opinion in their favor???

Do celebrities announce when they hire a public relations firm after taking a hit to their brand???
<TheDonald>

Chael could come out in his next video and show you a check from the UFC confirming your suspicions and you're still going to watch.
I don't need to see the check as it's OBVIOUS to me, that he's getting one. That would be like me stopping watching TV because I know they are trying tp market products to me. I already said I thoroughly enjoy the uploads, so I REALLY am trying to see WTF you came in here to say Young Lady???<41>

Every business relationship isn't announced Bro.

Do Politicians announce the new relationship when they hire an online marketing firm to sway public opinion in their favor???

Do celebrities announce when they hire a public relations firm after taking a hit to their brand???
<TheDonald>

He did have a business relationship with them. It was announced. They fired him.

<seedat>

Hell yeah, you reminded me of narratives that I i noticed but couldnt remember. Brother!!!lol the BMF Belt, Conor basically won the fight with Floyd(Mr you have to follow the rules of your given sport is saying that being a frontrunner wins the fight, WTF??? What about STRATEGY Chael? Whos hand got raised Brother???), the Rematch. All excellent points.

Now I PERSONALLY don't believe that a Businessman and a Gangster would do these things for free when he KNOWS that he is contributing to the bottomline and there is money to be made. Thats the only thing I disagree about, but GREAT POST Fam.
{<redford}{<redford}
Real recognize real, brother! Glad you liked my post
And yeah chael says some really stupid things. You make a compelling argument actually. Because I cannot accept that chael believes in the things he says. Especially with the two points you made. There's shilling then there's chael. Didn't chael also condone the bus incident? If he really is a ufc employee, then he's probably there for damage control and that kind of stuff.

Chael is not bought and paid for. He has always been a brown-noser teacher's pet type.

But you see the thing is about this, I disagree with those comments also and I'm not paid by the UFC.

This is the best time in UFC history to watch from the fact that it's an exciting time for the UFC and the cross over it's currently doing which we are witnessing, there's exciting fighters and exciting fights being made week by week and in my opinion I agree with Chael there 100%.

Meltzer is big in the wrestling thing too and he's been shown to get things wrong SO many times, just people don't talk about that. YES, he has his sources and is spot on with a lot of things also but I don't get why he's treated like some God with what he says is gospel, it's baffled me since the days of when he was constantly reporting on the WWE all the time and fans there would treat him like everything he said was correct probably cause it backed up their stance on things at times, which I'm not saying it the case with yourself of course, it's just what I noticed they would do :)

Also, you are 10000% wrong about the steep decline, at least from an international point of view because I can't comment in regards to the US perspective as I don't live there but the UFC has grown massively now and is more and more putting on huge events in new countries and demographics all the time because they have grown big enough to get there, it's never been bigger than what it is right now as even 4 or 5 years ago UFC was barely even known here (at least in the UK anyway).

It MAY (or may not) have declined in the US but outside of that and the bigger picture it's grown massively and it's absolutely evident of that with the growth of demographics reached, merchandise sales, stores opening in more countries now, events being put on in more and more places now.

And well MSG last week, they even stopped the Boxing for this because they couldn't compete and asked if they could even show the event there while they waited in Vegas which is NUTS!!! Not to mention everyone who turned up at the event too and the UFC were able to sell this, they could in NO WAY do this even a year ago let along 5 years ago.

You may want to think it's declined or like the idea that it has but it really hasn't and it's not even debatable isn't that, it's just not.

And I don't work for the UFC either lol
Unfortunately your opinion has NO PUBLIC relevance Homie. **shrugs**

Appreciate your opinions tho Fam.
<Gordonhat>

Back