How much does a guy like Bob Sapp make to travel the world to get crushed by cans?

trilla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm just curious, if anyone would know any figures? I can't imagine he's making nothing.

I'm just curious, if anyone would know any figures? I can't imagine he's making nothing.
54 million tuned in to watch Sapp fight Akebono in K-1. What does the Super Bowl do? 100m?

Sapp was possibly the biggest name in fight sports at the time. He has also appeared in several movies. Why would he do anything for nothing?

I remember reading he was getting 50-100k to crawl up I'm a ball inside 30 seconds

54 million tuned in to watch Sapp fight Akebono in K-1. What does the Super Bowl do? 100m?

Sapp was possibly the biggest name in fight sports at the time. He has also appeared in several movies. Why would he do anything for nothing?
Yes but that shit has dried up for the most part. Other than the odd Rizin fight,the guy is probably not fighting for alot of money. Hes more of a spectacle than anything else. We all know hes going to take a dive and ppl watch it anyway. But it cant be all that much. The promoters arent gonna pay him alot to NOT fight.

For instance his fights in japan are actually efforts to fight. Japan aint playin with this shit/

Its too bad Bob descended so much, it would have been something cool to see him face Francis Ngannou. It would have been a nice passing of the torch fight. Both guys have that sort of brute strength that only oversized HW's possess. Lesnar and Overeem are the only other people that I feel are on that level of brute strength.

Its a turn on for these foreigners to watch the big bad American get KOd by one of their own countrymen so im sure he gets paid well to take dives

giphy.gif

Yes but that shit has dried up for the most part. Other than the odd Rizin fight,the guy is probably not fighting for alot of money. Hes more of a spectacle than anything else. We all know hes going to take a dive and ppl watch it anyway. But it cant be all that much. The promoters arent gonna pay him alot to NOT fight.

For instance his fights in japan are actually efforts to fight. Japan aint playin with this shit/
Take a dive? As if he could beat any of the cans that smashed him? Lol!

Its too bad Bob descended so much, it would have been something cool to see him face Francis Ngannou. It would have been a nice passing of the torch fight. Both guys have that sort of brute strength that only oversized HW's possess. Lesnar and Overeem are the only other people that I feel are on that level of brute strength.
Bob Sapp never had a torch to pass.

Lots of people speculate, but you'll never know.

You may find this article interesting, but just because he says these things don't make them facts either.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/...-the-end-of-his-career-paying-off-big-medical
"I have what’s called accountability I have the ability to do my own accounting and when you have well over 10 million dollars there's no longer a need to step into the ring....I no longer have a need to go into the ring for 40,000 for a fight when I’m making well last month it was somewhere in that realm of over 1 million dollars. I don’t need to do that any longer."​

He exists solely so people can make money betting against their friends who don't know who he is.

What's with all these Bob Sapp threads lately? He's one of the biggest tomato cans in MMA history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosadus
Back