How much do BJJ classes usually cost?

I don't train, but I've looked into it. Depends on where you go; classes can be cheaper, if they're being taught by a local Brown/Black Belt, but are more expensive, if you're looking to go to a Gracie-Barra. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Last edited:
They generally range from $115 and up a month depending on where you live. The last place I trained was $150 a month, but they had daily classes and didnt limit you so thats a pretty good deal

BJJ classes should cost $4.18 exactly per class.

Reminds me of a Mark Rippitoe quote

"Your ideal bodyweight as an ectomorph at 6' 0" will be 214.378 lbs. There. Happy? And if you lose or gain a pound, I will have you killed. It is important to be ideal.." - Rip

I don't train, but I've looked into it. Depends on where you go; classes can be cheaper, if they're being taught by a local Brown/Black Belt, but are more expensive, if you're looking to go to a Gracie-Barra. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

I'm in Lincoln, how do I find clubs? There doesn't seem to be much via google.

There's a reason why they don't usually give you the price over the phone...

Im guess im lucky paying 10 dollars a class

BJJ classes should cost $4.18 exactly per class.

Reminds me of a Mark Rippitoe quote

"Your ideal bodyweight as an ectomorph at 6' 0" will be 214.378 lbs. There. Happy? And if you lose or gain a pound, I will have you killed. It is important to be ideal.." - Rip

Coach rip is the best.

Don't forget "a grown adult male weighs at least 200lbs."

I pay $100 per month at an Mma gym which includes BJJ. Maybe not the best BJJ instruction, but good enough for me

130$ a month for me with a 300 "start up" fee...

How long is a piece of string?

It really depends where you train. The nicer the facilities and the more experienced the coaches, the more it's going to cost you.

I pay $10 per class, or $20 per week for 3 Muay Thai classes, 2 MMA classes and 2 No Gi classes. Which is very cheap... because the facilities are very basic and the coaching isn't necessarily the best (we are without a bjj coach at the moment, for example). But I'm just some dude who does this shit for fun, so I don't need world class coaching or the best facilities. I just need a place to train, and my gym provides that.

A lot of places offer a free class. Try a few out and then make your decision.

$100/month for unlimited MMA (BJJ/Muay Thai/Wrestling)

Lol i pay 30 euros per month, every evening training (mma/kickbox/box/bjj/nogi), only thing lacking is morning classes. Why is the difference between USA and Europese so much?

Back