• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Much Did You Spend On A Wedding Ring?

Grandmother passed down a diamond which saved some, but paid about $3500 for the rest. Got it appraised at $5,000 which was a surprise

200 bucks at walmart, and im not kidding.

we’re still doing great btw, just had our 4th anniversary.

IIRC it was a few hundred pounds. Just a plain platinum band.

I wish , it's the purity of the gold.

K- karat

In the UK most gold is 9 karat , in mainland Europe a lot more 14 or 18 k I believe.

I went 18ct but got a lab diamond for this custom ring.

Grandmother passed down a diamond which saved some, but paid about $3500 for the rest. Got it appraised at $5,000 which was a surprise

$1500 for a diamond?

OIP.0nhoiFzRdaZudFy1_0F01gAAAA

Here's a tip: If you are going to spend a lot of $$ on a ring... make sure to finance the $$ and then pay it off AFTER you're married with martial funds. This way it will become community property and she'll have to pay for her half if you catch her banging the gardener.

$10k for a new set because she couldn't live with the cheaper set I got when we first got engaged. And they say women aren't shallow.

Anything that has to do with weddings is a scam. Basically any ring, dress, venue, haircut, etc is double the price if it has "wedding" attached to it. The wedding industrial complex is a joke.

Came here to post this.

Anything that has to do with weddings is a scam. Basically any ring, dress, venue, haircut, etc is double the price if it has "wedding" attached to it. The wedding industrial complex is a joke.

My girl was all set on a big wedding, but she also wants to go on expensive vacations and get a new kitchen. So once I explained that those things will have to wait until we've saved and paid for the wedding I think she's starting to scale back her plans.

I'll always remember the first time she tried to subtly (...and failed badly) brought up what I wanted from a wedding. I answered that if I loved someone enough that I wanted to get married to them, I couldn't care less about a single day, I would be happy to just walk down to the courthouse and sign the papers. It should be about the lifelong commitment not a big flashy party if you really care about each other right?

The look on her face... like I had just punched a puppy LOL

Long story, but to keep it short: not a lot. My wife never wanted an engagement ring, and the wedding bands we bought are matching Celtic love birds. I think we paid around 1000$ total for both of our bands in '98.

25th wedding anniversary last month, I bought her a replacement band. Native/indigenous peoples band as we love that style of artwork/jewellery. That cost about 2k, and I bought her a bracelet for her 50th (which is tomorrow) again native/indigenous peoples art, that cost me 4k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back