• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many wins is Gus away from a third and final shot at Jones?

Will Gus and Jones complete the trilogy?

• Total voters
Gus would have to win every fight he fights for the next 6 years and Jones would have to lose them all.

Or - Jones tests positive again and the fight is turned into an NC

Wait he already tested positive

I dunno I don’t think there goin b no rematch

He would have to do a lot to convince me he should get another shot. The rematch was very one sided. Given how incredibly inactive he is, I don’t see it happening

If he clears the division the same as jones is doing. Only then. 3rd matches when you are 0 and 2 are almost never warranted. No point.

He is very inactive . He would have to go on a crazy long streak of only wins for me. But I don't see it happening because he only fights like once every 18 months for no apparent reasons.

7 by KO, then they might consider it.

Or if he all of a sudden became a BJJ wizard.

Both of which are close to impossible. He's done out ere'.

5+ wins, and he'll have to win the vacant title when Jones gets stripped again. Then Jones can fight him when he comes back.

Nope, at this level trilogies are only warranted in few circumstances. The most obvious is if the fighters are 1-1. Then you fight the trilogy to prove whos better.
If a fighter is 2-0 it would have to be a really close fight, an early or weird stoppage, injury or something like that.

The first fight was close and entertaining enough to warrant a rematch but the second fight was one sided and quite frankly Gus looked unmotivated.
I dont think many people would look forward to a third fight.
With that being said the lhw division is so weak he could get a third match by eliminating contenders. If he gets busy and goes on a 3 or 4 fight win streak he might get that trilogy by being the only man left. Lol

Back