How many were going to buy the Bellator PPV but decided not to since Eddie's out?

NeverAgainPlaya

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How many of you fully intended to purchase tonight's Bellator PPV, but then said fuck that when they heard Alvarez was out?

I was actually really juiced for this PPV. And intended on buying it solely to see Alvarez/Chandler III. The moment they announced Alvarez was out I knew there was no way in hell I would order it.

I like Page, and I'm curious about how Storm will do against Tito, but I wouldn't buy a PPV for those two if you put a gun to my head. They were amazing fighters in their prime, and I totally respect them. But I do NOT view them as valid motivation to buy a PPV.

The truth is they're both FAAAAAR past their prime.

And honestly, I think the Chandler/Brooks fight is pretty much a joke. You've got a top 5 guy in the world fighting a top 20-25 guy... unreal.

Chandler/Alvarez alone was worth 30 bucks. Take either one of them out of the equation and it's little more than a strong Spike card.

Who shares similar feelings?

correct me if I'm wrong (I could DEF be wrong lol) but isn't that the main fight on the free prelims?

Either way it DOES interest me, but it sure isn't the push I need to spend the money on the PPV. I literally was buying it for Chandler/Alvarez (I consider both of their fights two of the greatest fights I've ever seen, and I'm an old man who was buying bootleg Pancrase VHS tapes to give you an idea how long I've loved MMA - kickboxing prior to NHB/MMA arrrival.

I would buy it if it was available online..................

correct me if I'm wrong (I could DEF be wrong lol) but isn't that the main fight on the free prelims?

Either way it DOES interest me, but it sure isn't the push I need to spend the money on the PPV. I literally was buying it for Chandler/Alvarez (I consider both of their fights two of the greatest fights I've ever seen, and I'm an old man who was buying bootleg Pancrase VHS tapes to give you an idea how long I've loved MMA - kickboxing prior to NHB/MMA arrrival.

Main card:
Rampage vs king mo
Chandler vs Brooks
Shlemenko vs Tito
Blagoi Ivanov vs Alexander Volkov
Michael Page vs Ricky Rainey

Main card:
Rampage vs king mo
Chandler vs Brooks
Shlemenko vs Tito
Blagoi Ivanov vs Alexander Volkov
Michael Page vs Ricky Rainey

gotcha - thanks for that.

Yeah, still don't see me spending money without the Chandler/Alvarez fight. Honestly, I think Ivanov is going to tear through Volkov anyway. Volkov is impressive, no doubt, but I think Ivanov has the potential to adorn that "mystique".

Blagoi vs Volkov doesn't interest you?!?!!

Volkov gasses out in a round...Dude's gas tank makes Erick Silva's cardio Cain like.

Wasn't the other guy getting lit up by Johnson before the sub? Anyway, I'm sure that fight isn't some deal sealer for anyone to consider getting it now that Alvarez is off the card.

Volkov gasses out in a round...Dude's gas tank makes Erick Silva's cardio Cain like.

Wasn't the other guy getting lit up by Johnson before the sub? Anyway, I'm sure that fight isn't some deal sealer for anyone to consider getting it now that Alvarez is off the card.

Ivanov ate some shots, but he just devoured them pretty easily. Never in any serious danger imo - but yeah, I'm with you. Not the kind of fight that encourages shelling out money. I'm actually surprised it's on the main card.

If that's all on the main, who the hell is on the prelims?

chandler/alvarez did have me pulling out the credit card. not anymore

I totally disagree with y'all.

IMO this card is as exciting as they come from top to bottom. there's no one single fighter that you could pull off and single handedly ruin it for me. Rampage vs. Mo has the posibilty of being a stinker but if you're into MMA you have to watch it.

Chandler-Alvarez 3 was a big spoiler IMO. their first fight is top two of all time in my book and their rematch was unforgettable too but to make a grudge match this quick?

that was Bellator milking it too much too soon, it was like they're killing the chicken that puts the golden eggs. it's a sign of our generation. every internet know it all smart ass think he's entitled to the best thing of all time everytime. I'd rather remember their two wars for some time and see their build up until they finally meet sometime in the future.

This some ol bull spit, I ain't buying this crap now. Worse case scenario, if all the fights stunk, I knew Alvarez and Chandler was gonna be good. Tha faaa

I totally disagree with y'all.

IMO this card is as exciting as they come from top to bottom. there's no one single fighter that you could pull off and single handedly ruin it for me. Rampage vs. Mo has the posibilty of being a stinker but if you're into MMA you have to watch it.

Chandler-Alvarez 3 was a big spoiler IMO. their first fight is top two of all time in my book and their rematch was unforgettable too but to make a grudge match this quick?

that was Bellator milking it too much too soon, it was like they're killing the chicken that puts the golden eggs. it's a sign of our generation. every internet know it all smart ass think he's entitled to the best thing of all time everytime. I'd rather remember their two wars for some time and see their build up until they finally meet sometime in the future.

I don't disagree with a longer time in between the second and third Chandler/Alvarez fight (just as I wouldnt have minded another year or so passing before JDS and Cain tangled for the final time). But when that's what you're using to sell the card, and you've announced it, promoted it and the MMA community has had time to sit back and say "eh, it's too soon, but fuck it - it will be an amazing fight," - when they yank tat out from under your feet it kills it.

Realistically - if you look at the main card and assess it top to bottom it's a really good Spike Card. But it's not a PPV card.

If the UFC were to put on an event (what am I saying, they do all the time lmao) of equal talent and marketability, and put it on PPV, it's going to do low numbers and fans aren't going to be pleased.

Let's face it, if we want to follow this sport CLOSELY, we're buying TONS of PPVs every year and paying for Fight Pass/cable package upgrades. I don't know the total numbers between promotional PPV events or cable/satellite package upgrades, but I guarantee it's WEEEELLLL over 1k a year to keep up.

When you're dealing in a market that over saturated, and you're promoting your next event for weeks on end, and I'm actually excited about one specific fight that's getting the big promotion... only to see that disappear. Not worth the money, or the anticipation. For me, at least. Chandler/Alvarez III has been my number one anticipated fight of the year after hearing it announced, simply because we get to see it.

Can't drop that coin on a card like this now.

Just me.

Holy fuck - END RANT lol

The last ppv I paid for was ufc 168. With this ppv all the fights were supporting chandler/alvarez 3, super exciting must-see match. Not paying $45 for no main event.

Back