How many fights does Anderson have left in him?

Si2k63

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Apparently he's got 15 fights left on his contract, but he's 40 and he just got suspended for a year.

He admitted to taking anti-anxiety medication before the Diaz fight so it's safe to say he's still dealing with the psychological trauma of the second Weidman fight. Plus he has been pressured by his family towards retirement.

He might never fight again, but I'm hopeful they book him in a couple of big fights before he retires.

Never understood why people view 40 as a magical number of retirement.

Depends how his next fight or two go. If he loses two in a row, I think he'll bail. If he gets a win or two, we might see a Nog-style clinging to straws.

Because most fighters in their 40's have been getting punched in the face for a living for around 20 years at that point, not to mention that a lot of their physical attributes have been deteriorating for about a decade now

you think someone on sherdog can give you the right answer?

at this age, post-suspension, any fight could be his last.

He really should retire. He's already forever tainted his legacy and nothing he does can ever repair that.

prob because if you're not a HW you have a really good chance to getting your ass beat. Randy and Hendo were more the exceptions to therule, not the norm.

Depends on his androsterone supplier.

Apparently he's got 15 fights left on his contract, but he's 40 and he just got suspended for a year.

He admitted to taking anti-anxiety medication before the Diaz fight so it's safe to say he's still dealing with the psychological trauma of the second Weidman fight. Plus he has been pressured by his family towards retirement.

He might never fight again, but I'm hopeful they book him in a couple of big fights before he retires.

-3 then we all live happily ever after.

you think someone on sherdog can give you the right answer?

at this age, post-suspension, any fight could be his last.
No, but that doesn't mean I'm any less interested in reading other people's opinions.

Id be really surprised if he fights 2 or 3 more times even. I really dont want to see him roy jones jr his career

he should quit now honestly look at his last 3 fights.

1) he gets caught while "showboating" (part of his usual strategy to counter) but it looks damned embarassing.

2) his leg gets broken in half

3) he wins a conservative match against Diaz only to get popped for PEDs

i mean whats next???? The Jesus is telling you to QUIT,porra!

prob because if you're not a HW you have a really good chance to getting your ass beat. Randy and Hendo were more the exceptions to therule, not the norm.

that's true, when speed and quickness matter, it's hard to be competitive at the highest levels at that age

Back