• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

How many driving lessons you took before you passed the DMV exam?

The Eagle

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Finally decided to get the driver license. Thinking of getting a package with 20 hours of driving lessons. Would that be enough to pass the test?

Last edited:
Happy 16th birthday bro!

As a Canadian there was no requirement for taking classes. Once I passed my learners test and a couple lessons from my dad in the parking lot, I got a 'N' sign from an older friend and just drove around with the learner's license. Was a bit scary at first but the I learned quickly, much faster than a driving class. Also drivers in Canada are less aggressive and don't tailgate you even with open lanes on either side

Last edited:
My dad showed me when I was 15,
passed my exam on my 16th birthday.
9 month later when my apprentice driver licence became the real thing.
My dad bought me a car.
It was a 94' Pontiac Sunbirb, but still.

Happy 16th birthday bro!

As a Canadian there was no requirement for taking classes. Once I passed my learners test and a couple lessons from my dad in the parking lot, I got a 'N' sign from an older friend and just drove around with the learner's license. Was a bit scary at first but the I learned quickly, much faster than a driving class. Also drivers in Canada are less aggressive and don't tailgate you even with open lanes on either side

<WhatIsThis> N sign??? <Neil01>

<WhatIsThis> N sign??? <Neil01>
tenor.gif

Not many in the UK, maybe 10 hour long lessons and managed to blag my way to a pass first test. When I moved to Virginia I had a perfect test, then drove into the car park the wrong way round thinking I was still in England and she had to fail me. Passed second time with days to spare before Geico were going to stop my insurance as a named driver on a UK license.

Technically I could taken the test with 10 lessons but my instructor recommended 10 more

Depends, we had driver ed in school, don’t remember many details, was totally stoned the entire school day..

Took drivers ed in high school, so one semesters worth of classes and driving. Not sure how many hours that adds up to.

20 hours of driving lessons?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Used to be written test for a 2 week learner's permit at 15, then can take the driving test for a daylight license after the 2 weeks, then that turns into a full license at 16 . Just go to a parking lot and practice parallel parking a few times. That's really the only think you can mess up.

32 since its required by law

In Finland? Here in US we don't have hours requirement to take the driving test. Basically you pass the multiple choice test, go for a 5 hour lecture and than you can take the final part which is the driving test.

We just had driver's ed in school, I passed the exam on my first try just after my 16th birthday. I remember our drivers ed instructor was a fat dude who looked like a walrus. You could always see his greasy nipples through his shirt. He would yell at his female driving students when they would fuck up until they cried. Those were the days.

20 hours of driving lessons?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Used to be written test for a 2 week learner's permit at 15, then can take the driving test for a daylight license after the 2 weeks, then that turns into a full license at 16 . Just go to a parking lot and practice parallel parking a few times. That's really the only think you can mess up.
I was fine parallel parking when I was learning but I can't even part straight normally lately, I'm awful. Quite frequently I get out of the car, look at what a mess I've made and have to try again.

We just had driver's ed in school, I passed the exam on my first try just after my 16th birthday. I remember our drivers ed instructor was a fat dude who looked like a walrus. You could always see his greasy nipples through his shirt. He would yell at his female driving students when they would fuck up until they cried. Those were the days.

Where ya people from? In my H.S we never had driver's ed...

0 a buddy of mine took me on a driving test and after a few attempts I got it.

There's some things in life you are just born to do.

Back