how longs it take to " build the armor"

styleten

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How long of training does it take to build the armor.

Hands adapt to impact, panic reflex in combination exchanges goes away and you can relax, you can get hit to the body for 2-3 rounds all the things that have you be adjusted when you go from not training to training again.

I'm thinking 3 months but i would love to know it would be shorter

about 5 months 6 weeks 13 days 19 hours 128 minutes and 48 seconds.... buts thats just an estimate...

How long of training does it take to build the armor.

Hands adapt to impact, panic reflex in combination exchanges goes away and you can relax, you can get hit to the body for 2-3 rounds all the things that have you be adjusted when you go from not training to training again.

I'm thinking 3 months but i would love to know it would be shorter

erm. no one in combat sports actually call it 'armor' and it differs from participant to participant based on the frequency of training, natural talent etc

I took two rounds of leg and abdominal kicks, twice a week, for a full year before the pain pain became dull. It took another year or so before I could take full shots from someone my own size without a problem.

That's without adrinaline though. When I'm worked up leg and body kicks don't phase me.

Other people in our group got solid in 4-5 months. It depends on your mental fortitude and athletic ability, how much impact you can endure.

I am wondering about building the abiity to take bodyshots, do the ribs just get stronger? I hate brocken ribs.

No mention of core strengh, conditioning work and its regularity..surely a huge factor no.

If you're speaking about how long it takes for your bones to adapt to external stimuli (Wolff's law / Mechanostat) that's different than your ability to withstand the pain of shots.

There's not a specific time frame because each person's body, genetics, adaptability, training frequency are different.

I am wondering about building the abiity to take bodyshots, do the ribs just get stronger? I hate brocken ribs.
My ribs feel stronger than they previously did. Conditioned them through taking kicks and knees to the ribs.

A good home exercise is to lie on your back,knees up and drop a medicine ball on your abs. Start low and adjust height as you get stronger.

the difference in how someone takes a punch after 1 year compared to 2 years is night and day.

get your friend to hit you with a sledgehammer. lightly at first but harder as you progress over the course of i dunno, 15 minutes?.

you'll either be dead or a warrior. only the strong survive.

You gotta spar for a while before you get used to the pain. First time I sparred, I ate some leg kicks, that I couldn't walk properly for a couple of days. Punches to the head made my head ring. Took me about 3 months to get used to it all.

Same goes for body shots... Still hurts when you get hit tho. Just don't let it show on your face :)

And teh worst part is all that condition goes away in a few months if you have to lay up for any time, then takes forever to rebuild again.

Back