how long have u been out of training due to injuries

A

alexgncw

post how long you've been training, in what, and how much time you've been side lined due to injuries

----------------------------------------------------------

21 months bjj - out for 3 weeks total
11 years wrestling - out for little over 2 months

Judo - 2 months or something, back injury
TJujitsu - 1 year out, knee injury
BJJ - 3 months and counting, elbow injury

bjj, 1 year and a couple months with no injuries that have been bad enough to keep me off the mat.

*knocks on wood*

I am into my 5th month of training and have missed at least a month and a half due to a hyperextended knee (2 weeks out for that) and a seperated shoulder (1 month for that). Then I got married so I was out a week for that.

I was really pissed about that shoulder because I was just starting to submit people and actually apply some of the stuff I was being taught. When I came back, it was like I had forgotten everything I learned.

Two steps forward, one step back.

rotator cuff inflimation 2 week
wrist injury from locks 1 week
soreness from messed up throws 3 weeks

i've been out more for being lazy than anything :)

3 weeks submission wrestling - off the past week due to bruised ribs (can't due sit-ups, no way I could roll)

ASPNTXWRX said:
I am into my 5th month of training and have missed at least a month and a half due to a hyperextended knee (2 weeks out for that) and a seperated shoulder (1 month for that). Then I got married so I was out a week for that.

I was really pissed about that shoulder because I was just starting to submit people and actually apply some of the stuff I was being taught. When I came back, it was like I had forgotten everything I learned.

Two steps forward, one step back.

^^^ lol Marriage counts as an injury. Also hyper extended knee? after 5 months of training? your a white belt and your practicing kneebars??

BJJ -For me i was out 2 weeks because of hyper extended elbow. Then start going back just for technique and to watch. Slowly working back into rolling.. Not pushing it

Judo - 1 year do to two subluxed shoulders... happened probably 4 times total.. just had to heal.

Gsoares said:
^^^ lol Marriage counts as an injury. Also hyper extended knee? after 5 months of training? your a white belt and your practicing kneebars??

The hyperextended knee was a freak injury that I sustained while not paying attention during warm-ups. I was doing cartwheels and my body weight shifted forward as I landed on my front leg. I didn't notice it at all during the class and the rest of the day but at about 3am I shifted in my sleep and sat straight up from the pain. I know...I'm embarassed. :redface:

1 month
Knee and ribs

Couldnt run...couldnt breath

It was work getting off the tiolet

When I tore my ACL on my left knee, took me out 2 yrs. because I needed surgery but didn't have medical insurance. (that sucked big time)

totally in five years i been out of training couse of injuries for like a month or something...

I've been out of BJJ for couple days now. Shoud be back in a couple more weeks cause of a finger injury ( not from bjj).

Done BJJ for 3/4 years now
Nothing else really. Boxed a tiny bit when i was young, not seriously though
dabbled in capoeira a little, but i just wanted to learn all the cool flips and rolls, but apparently i had to learn the kicks first.
Did about a month of choi lay fut, got sick of doing forms all class.
Did one class of ninjitsu, destroyed everyone including the instructor when it got to the ground fighting, years b4 i started BJJ. After my training of seeing a few UFC events and knowing what a RNC and the guard were. Man I was a technical genius. LOL
Oh yea we're talking about injuries aye? Sorry, no sleep, rambling.
Um, out for a month with an seperated AC joint. 4 months with a knee injury (not from BJJ). About a year to a year and a half in total with my neck. And countless other injuries causing me to take a few classes off. Most of this was before I understood what overtraining and going light meant.
edited because i don't think $ is a number

BJJ, 9 months on and off due to an ankle injury.

6 months BJJ... then 1 year out because of a bad back... now about 9 months of BJJ/MT again.

Out for about 7 months now with a L5 S1 disk herniation. I got my first cortizone shot yesterday and if all goes well, I'll be back training soon.

R

Kenpo -Since 89 - missed one week cause of rolled ankle . Bjj since 94 or 95 or (Took a year off and taught english in Guanzhou ) missed 14 weeks cause of shoulder operation , torn laybrum and had tendons torn off my shoulder ...I had the operation in march just stepppi ng back on the matt ..

trained judo and bjj for 9 months

missed 1 week bjj due to ankle sprain playing basketball (missed 2 weeks judo as I couldn't really stand up and move well)
missed 1 week because of elbow injury

Back