How long does Mike Perry have left in the UFC?

tits or gtfo

giphy.gif

I would be seriously embarrassed beyond belief, lol. Probably shutting the hell up and praying neither Jacare nor anyone else says a word.
The funniest thing is the story came from Mike Perry himself.

I hope he picks enough wins along the way to stay with the organisation cause he's entertaining. But he should maybe get a better manager or something. With his current record, he can't be picky anymore, but taking on all these no name killer upcomers like Neal, Luque and Ponz was a lot of risk for little reward.

He should maybe angle for a Lawler fight. It's a very known name who wouldn't run away from him and, unfortunately, Hobbie's on a downwards spiral, so PMP would have a shot.

But... his groundgame's suspect, he doesn't know how to trap guys on a bicycle, lacks height & reach for the division and relying on durability is taking a toll. So, it is what it is. Like with Lando, we can root for you, but you need skills to stay in the picture. Fans can't gain them for you.

I hope he picks enough wins along the way to stay with the organisation cause he's entertaining. But he should maybe get a better manager or something. With his current record, he can't be picky anymore, but taking on all these no name killer upcomers like Neal, Luque and Ponz was a lot of risk for little reward.

He should maybe angle for a Lawler fight. It's a very known name who wouldn't run away from him and, unfortunately, Hobbie's on a downwards spiral, so PMP would have a shot.

But... his groundgame's suspect, he doesn't know how to trap guys on a bicycle, lacks height & reach for the division and relying on durability is taking a toll. So, it is what it is. Like with Lando, we can root for you, but you need skills to stay in the picture. Fans can't gain them for you.

Lot of risk with little reward???

I’m sure if he won all those fights there would be plenty of rewards. How do you expect rewards when you have a losing UFC record?

Like Sage Northcutt? He was actually a pretty fair draw and the UFC had no issue cutting him loose. And he was on a 3 fight win streak when he left.
Left is the key word. They let him go in the sense they would not pay as much as ONE to keep him but there is no way they wouldn't have kept him if ONE hadn't made a bigger offer.

that actually sounds like a good fit for him. What are they paying in BKFC, shit?

Well, if you fight under that promotion that Bas Rutten is associated with you fight for free. Just ask Chris Leben and Phil Baroni.

Lot of risk with little reward???

I’m sure if he won all those fights there would be plenty of rewards. How do you expect rewards when you have a losing UFC record?
You don't understand the concept of risk vs reward?

Guys like Ponz, Leon Edwards, Luque, Geoff Neal - they all have extremely good records. And they're not getting their due. They're, effectively, unknowns despite they're in cage greatness. Beating these guys is tremendously difficult and won't put you on the map. And losing to them buries you into obscurity.

Guys like Condit, Lalwer, Diego and Matt Browne - not that they would be easy fights, but they would be easier and you'd get a ton more recognition for beating them. And if you lose, there's always an excuse that they're old school greats.

But ok, whatever...

He's an exciting fighter with a personality that fans like, guys like him and Cowboy Oliveira can take a few losses and be kept around. If you fight like Elias Theodorou one loss and they find an excuse to cut you.

It's a business at the end of the day and people will pay to watch PMP fights.

Other guys like that are Groovy Lando, Medeiros, Tuivasa etc, they come to go to war so they get a bit more leeway than someone who comes to win a tactical decision.

Unless he loses 3 more in a row I don’t see the point in cutting him. He comes to fight and he makes you want to tune in.
Just like Pat Barry. How many did he loss? That didn't matter. He always put on a show.

20 secs in he talks about Pat Barry

They will get back together, again. They are one of those couples that break up all the time.

The got married. So they didn't just break up, they need a divorce. Last I heard was they were waiting on the papers. She got fat anyway.

They should keep him around because he brings fans from the ethnic communities. It comes in handy having a guy that is every race in one...

He's universal, like Hulk Hogan or Mr T. They transcend race

Like Sage Northcutt? He was actually a pretty fair draw and the UFC had no issue cutting him loose. And he was on a 3 fight win streak when he left.

Sage was a free agent. Sage also put on some stinkers and had really suspect losses. Guy was given a sweetheart deal because he was young, had an impressive physique, and an unblemished record. Sage was getting ME money to be a prelim level fighter. Contract ran it's course and he chose to follow the money. I'm sure UFC would've kept him at the right price. He still drew eyes to his fights.

Perry was a late replacement sub and fought for his contract. Perry fought for his raises and earned them. Dude lives and dies by the sword. Sage not so much, he plays it safe if he can. Sage was gifted his payscale based on potential and when that failed to realize, he left to chase the dollar. Big difference.

Just like Pat Barry. How many did he loss? That didn't matter. He always put on a show.

20 secs in he talks about Pat Barry

People were calling for Dan Hardy to be cut but Lorenzo tweeted that his job is safe because "he wars"

Back