• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Kim Jong Un bested Donald Trump in the slugfest that was 2017

I read the article and I picked up the tone of it also.

You may not want to admit it but it but it is there.
This is the fifth time I've asked you for something concrete. You have yet to provide anything. Instead, you are doubling down on tone.

As far as tone goes, here's how the article ends:

He added: "So here's a prediction: 2018 will not [be] so pleasant for the Kim family regime.

Funny, that tone doesn't seem terribly celebratory or pro Kim.

And, of course, lest anyone think that's an isolated section, it's rife with critiques of Kim . . .
Some commentators point out that Kim's short-term successes must be seen in context. Ultimately, he is the ruler of an impoverished, isolated and deeply repressive nation.

An international committee found in December that Kim and members of his regime were guilty of 10 separate war crimes, relating to North Korea's network of gulags where thousands of people are arbitrarily tortured, raped and executed each year.

"In the larger game, the real one which counts, Trump wins just by being the leader of a wealthy, stable, normal democracy," said Robert Kelly, an associate professor at South Korea's Pusan National University.

"North Korea can survive, it can hang on, and the Kims will murder anyone they must in order to do so," Kelly added. "But North Korea is no model for anyone. It enunciates no vision of the future, nor any happiness for its people. If it is still around in 20 years, it will still be the grim, unhappy barracks state it is now. That's hardly winning."

Right now you're batting 0/5. Are you going to swing again and make it 0/6, or maybe save the shreds of your integrity and admit that your initial post was entirely partisan, and you hadn't yet read the article?

Trump won the insult war with just the rocket boy thing.

Just how was anyone going to prevent him besides going to war.

And just the remote possibility set the liberal off because Trump was insulting rocket boy.
Dotard is pretty good though
Here is the deal. NK has people shitting on their crops. Like actually taking a dump on farms.
Trump is doing what everyone has ever done is sanctioning them. NK people are suffering, but Trump has not attacked like nobody else has.

It only works if China and Russia cut the asshole off as well. They have more defection than ever and Kim Bowl Cut has to kill everyone to hold his power. The problem is you have to feed your people. They either revolt or die. Basically a lose/lose. NK is one more drought or crop failure from collapsing. Kim Bowl Cut is putting every thing he has in Nukes.
The thing that pisses me off the most is China and Russia, well mostly China could end this shit. They chose not too.
Lastly Liberals supporting NK is some conservative pipe dream the Conservatives made up. Nobody wants a mad man with Nukes.
Trump, should send Tillerson over there to work shit out with China. China then should drop NK like a pyscho girlfriend. Put their own puppet as ruler and all will be good.

This is the fifth time I've asked you for something concrete. You have yet to provide anything. Instead, you are doubling down on tone.

As far as tone goes, here's how the article ends:

Funny, that tone doesn't seem terribly celebratory or pro Kim.

And, of course, lest anyone think that's an isolated section, it's rife with critiques of Kim . . .

Right now you're batting 0/5. Are you going to swing again and make it 0/6, or maybe save the shreds of your integrity and admit that your initial post was entirely partisan, and you hadn't yet read the article?

The tone was that rocket boy won the battle with Trump.

But what battle was that other then insults.

Trump knew he couldn't stop him.

Trump did get even rocket boys supporters turned more against him such as China.

But this guy want to give rocket boy an award for "beating" Trump.

It's like they're almost hoping Kim will be able to mass produce hydrogen bombs with the capabilities to strike at any US territory the world over.
c'mon man .....you must be trolling

The tone was that rocket boy won the battle with Trump.

But what battle was that other then insults.

Trump knew he couldn't stop him.

Trump did get even rocket boys supporters turned more against him such as China.

But this guy want to give rocket boy an award for "beating" Trump.
So you're going to opt for doubling down again?

Now you're claiming that "this guy want {sic} to give rocket boy an award for 'beating' Trump."

Had you read the article, you would know that there is no "this guy," but a series of interviews with different people. You would also know that nobody is proposing an award, or saying anything suggesting it is appropriate - that much is apparent from my quotes alone. You would also know what the "battle" was about (tip: it wasn't twitter insults).

Seriously, for fucks sake. Stop digging. You're absolutely smashing what's left of your dignity over an article that isn't even particularly critical of Trump. We get it. You didn't read it, and now you're invested in the position you took despite that. Time to grow a pair and admit it instead of shaming yourself continiously.

Dotard is pretty good though
Here is the deal. NK has people shitting on their crops. Like actually taking a dump on farms.
Trump is doing what everyone has ever done is sanctioning them. NK people are suffering, but Trump has not attacked like nobody else has.

It only works if China and Russia cut the asshole off as well. They have more defection than ever and Kim Bowl Cut has to kill everyone to hold his power. The problem is you have to feed your people. They either revolt or die. Basically a lose/lose. NK is one more drought or crop failure from collapsing. Kim Bowl Cut is putting every thing he has in Nukes.
The thing that pisses me off the most is China and Russia, well mostly China could end this shit. They chose not too.
Lastly Liberals supporting NK is some conservative pipe dream the Conservatives made up. Nobody wants a mad man with Nukes.
Trump, should send Tillerson over there to work shit out with China. China then should drop NK like a pyscho girlfriend. Put their own puppet as ruler and all will be good.

I agree with most of this.

I don't think liberal want rocket boy with nucs. However they seem to take his side in the battle of insults with Trump.

Probably the most disappointing aspects of Trump presidency is getting in bed with the Saudi's and handling the situation with NK worse.
I think the Chinese are open to getting harsher on Kim. But they won't ever do anything significant unless they think they can deal with a US administration that respects Chinese interest out of possible conflict or removal of the Kim regime.
Tillerson signaling the US are open for talks. Just for Trump undermining him 4 hours later on Twitter will not give the Chinese any sort of confidence they will be waiting for the next administration when it will become even harder to remove him.
Same goes for SK there is simply no strategy in place outside of twitter insults. At least it's not apparent to me.

I don't see how Kim won considering that his staunchest allies (Russia, China) have turned on him. NK has basically been sanctioned by every country in the world, with Trump leading the charge.

If that's a "win" for North Korea, then I'd hate to see what losing to Trump means. Being bombed to smithereens?

Here's some more of "winning" by Kim Jong Un:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/...&gwh=33A78853627E9CED285D0C42A1EF6741&gwt=pay

Last edited:
I wish people wouldn't play these kind of games with Trump. No one decent wants war, so why make it sound like avoiding war is a loss? Not being at war some Asian fiefdom is one of Trump's few ongoing strongpoints. The reason the US can, and should, take such jabs is because when we hit back, it's a haymaker.

Not seeing any examples of liberals supporting kim jong un. Did you read the article?

I have seen several people here on Sherdog trying to rationalize why NK should be allowed to test nukes and fly rockets over Japan because the United States is so menacing.

"Cool moon rocket, Kim. Want to bring it to the White House?"

- Madonna

I'm increasingly sure you did not read it.

It referred to the fact that Trump hasn't done anything to prevent KJU from getting nukes except for exchanging insults on twitter. They called that a victory by him over Trump.

There was no celebration. Feel free to quote from the article that you have not yet read to show otherwise.
Actually, according to the article, "Donald John Trump this year has laid the groundwork to turn the tables in 2018." So, the article basically concludes with the idea that Trump has actively outmaneuvered Kim, yet they still decided to run with the anti-Trump headline and throw in some random jabs about his supposed poor handling of the situation, despite their ultimate conclusion. It's no doubt more anti-Trump than pro-North Korean, but the lengths the fake news will go to to downplay and spin Trump's successes is disturbing.

Kim has bitch slapped Trump the whole time. He's testing missiles for fun now and Trump responds with childish insults on Twitter. How weak and incompetent.

I'm increasingly sure you did not read it.

It referred to the fact that Trump hasn't done anything to prevent KJU from getting nukes except for exchanging insults on twitter. They called that a victory by him over Trump.

There was no celebration. Feel free to quote from the article that you have not yet read to show otherwise.
no if you think someone won you obviously support them

<Kpop775><Kpop775><Kpop775>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back