How Japanese view sexual harrassment

mushishi

A is a, a is a, should I save her?
@Silver
Reaction score
Intradesting...

What caught my attention was when a woman said it's difficult to ask for help when it happens. cultural? happened to a friend and she said she froze, couldn't do anything from the shock.

Also interesting was many said a little workplace groping from boss is OK. I am going to be a boss in japan.

Sexual harassment is like a rite of passage in Japan. all Japanese get molested at least once at some stage in their lives, usually on a train but sometimes by their parents or uncle.

Sexual harassment is like a rite of passage in Japan. all Japanese get molested at least once at some stage in their lives, usually on a train but sometimes by their parents or uncle.

Or by tentacle monsters.

All i got from that is damn those choppers, Japn lacks Dentistry or what?

That video was ten minutes too long.

Japanese women tend to accept their gender roles.

Intradesting...

What caught my attention was when a woman said it's difficult to ask for help when it happens. cultural? happened to a friend and she said she froze, couldn't do anything from the shock.

Also interesting was many said a little workplace groping from boss is OK. I am going to be a boss in japan.

So if you sexually harass a japanese woman she turns into a mannequin
books flight to toooooooooooookeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooooooooooooooooo

So if you sexually harass a japanese woman she turns into a mannequin
books flight to toooooooooooookeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooooooooooooooooo
you also, but you always have been so

My friend whi taught in japan for a decade told me that ALL of his female students told him that they got molested in the train.

The interviewer chopped up and spliced Trumps comment pretty badly so the whole video is worthless.

Thats bullshit, I saw a "documentery" about girls on buses/trains and guys start to fondle them, then all of a sudden they are drawn to the asian noodle. Then they finish on her face before she gets off.
Never once did they feel harrassed

I've heard people say that a lot of aspects of Japanese culture remind them of what we think of when we imagine America in the 50s.

An old teacher told us that the Japanese people in general hate making a scene, so they are forced to accept things that other cultures wouldn't (forced overtime, harassment, bullying, etc.).

They have this saying for situations like the ones above- "Shikata ga nai", which from my understanding means "it can't be helped".

You know that fat one never got harassed but didn't want the shame to admit it.

Back