@Green
Reaction score
so aldo fought once in bantamweight and he lost but he ranked number 8
iu.png

jacare souza also fought once in lhw and he lost a close descison
but for some reason he ranked number 15
jh.png

so basically if dana loves you he will keep rank you higher

It's almost like the rankings dont really mean anything. Like, rankings are subjective or something.

so aldo fought once in bantamweight and he lost but he ranked number 8
iu.png

jacare souza also fought once in lhw and he lost a close descison
but for some reason he ranked number 15
jh.png

so basically if dana loves you he will keep rank you higher

Aldo lost 1 fight in a close decision.

Cody Necktats lost 3 fights by KO.

Aldo > Cody . I am okey with this.

UFC Rankings and the people who assign them have always been an inside joke to people in the know.

they don't work.

they are literally made up

its like a popularity contest

Aldo had a pretty close fight ( a lot of people are even saying he won) with the number 1 ranked contender at 135, ranking him at #8 is actually one of the better ranking moves the UFC has made recently.

Jacare lost a close decision to the 6th ranked LHW, that sure makes it seem like he is close to the 6th ranked spot, putting him at #15 makes sense, I would argue he should be closer to #6.

The UFC often has wonky ratings, because they aren't decided by set criteria. That being said the two examples you gave are actually good ranking jobs.

Rankings don't matter

Well 2 things to learn.
1 rankings don't mean shit
2 learn proper english

Yes, proper spelling and grammar is absolutely critical when on a cagefighting website.

And yes, the ranking system is a joke.

I'm sorry to unearth an old thread but it seems I can't create one myself.

I was reading the sherdog rankings and there was a comment on the 155 division that I thought was interesting:

"
Gamrot to top 15? Really? Not long ago he had a close fight with Guram "who?" Kutateladze.

I mean, he replaced Bobby Green who also was questionable entrance, but he's not any better.

And that's instead of putting a Rizin champ Roberto Satoshi or PFL king Raush Manflo.

Really looks like you were desperate to put some UFC guy." by Slasha Alex Gruzglin

I replied something I feel most of you may disagree with:

"
I'm not shocked by Gamrot as I have him at 11, and to be fair, I have Kutetaladze at 10. It may sound weird but I try to distance myself the most from hype, and though Guram is virtually unknown, he basically beat an undeafeated guy who beat guys who beat other guys... I'm more surprised to see Gilespie above Gamrot as their best win is against the same person, while Gilespie has less recent wins and a loss against Kevin Lee who only had 2 wins over his last 7 fights, none at 155.

Then again, I'm not saying Kutetaladze would beat Gilespie or anything, maybe, I just don't know, but to me those rankings should follow some sort of logic like that.

BTW, in this 155, where is Damir Ismagulov? He's undefeated since 2015, with wins over Thiago Moises and Joel Alvarez."

... so I'd like to know how other fans feel about those guys and the overall logic, basically how do you build your rankings if you ever do them?

(please try not to troll this time, I'm quite bored of that, and I feel a lot of people are too and may not discuss as a result)

Back