How is Jessica Penne able to stay so calm and relaxed at all times?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Even with her nasty cut and pouring blood in the fight with Joanna Jędrzejczyk, she is so calm and cool.

Does she undergo some kind of ultimate zen training?
How is she able to stay so mentally strong even in dire situations?
Does she feel any pain or just ignore it?

I was really impressed by her relaxed composure throughout the fight.
Although, I can't tell if she is more of a warrior or a stoic.

Deer caught in the headlights always look calm.

She literally went brain dead from being unable to comprehend on the spot what was happening.

Rory looked pretty calm too when Robbie kept punching his broken nose. He even fell calmly if i recall correctly.

Under the veneer of calm, was a brewing storm of paralyzing fear.

cuz she wanted to be an Ultimate Fighter

Jessica30FJ.jpg

Told her corner between rounds that she couldn't see.
respect to her for being a warrior.

"do you even train?" applies here without judgement or condescension

no different than other fighters who have been training for years

or even kids taking 4 hour tests for black belt

I remember how Royce Gracie always kept a neutral expression, even while getting punched/kicked/etc. Hell, even when Matt Hughes beat him, his expression never changed, IIRC. It's kind of like a "poker face", so the opponent can't use your expression to predict your strength or actions.

This is an attitude displayed by people who have prepared their minds well for situations requiring grace under pressure.

Whether you are a surgeon who must deal with a difficult operation in which the patient is suddenly taking a turn for the worse, a stage actor who must suddenly improvise because sharing the stage with another actor who messed up his/her lines during a performance in front of a live audience, a dancer who is performing in front of an audience when the sound system malfunctions affecting the music, etc. in pressure situations people who are good at what they do will not panic but handle that pressure calmly and coolly. For a fighter this means being focused and calm and focusing on using one's skills as best as possible even while taking a beating.

Jessica Penne is a skilled professional with a true fighter's spirit and mind-set, and it shows even when she is losing a fight.

Back