How is Conor not losing sponsorship deals left and right?

Jon Jones and Tiger Woods did neither of those things...

Jon Jones did stuff that are considered criminal offenses. Tiger was seen as a squeaky clean athlete in sport where its mostly considered a luxury to play in real life, compared to MMA that is

Jon Jones did stuff that are considered criminal offenses. Tiger was seen as a squeaky clean athlete in sport where its mostly considered a luxury to play in real life, compared to MMA that is

I am aware of that...my post was in response to an politically partisan and offensive post that referred to the LGBT community as "the alphabet people" and wrongfully claimed that sponsorship loss pretty much only happen when people espouse conservative viewpoints.

As long as you’re not bashing a minority it seems to be ok.

That's simply not true. Tiger woods for example lost a ton of sponsorship when he got caught cheating on his wife, and he was one of the most known athlete at thw time
I can explain it to you with two words.
Target audience.

Connor is just upset that his wife is a fat cow now.

They are not moral actors. They pay him to be famous and popular and he keeps being famous and popular.

My mom knows who Conor is but she couldn't tell you if he has a belt, what his record is, if he won or lost. He's just "Conor the Irish Champion" to her.

Because he is the coolest fighter by far and thats why everyone wants to sponsor him.

He is "sponsored" ?
<TheWire1><NoneOfMy>

He created Proper 12 because of his behavior, so he could sponsor himself.

Let that sink in.

Dana White privilege - he still has appeal and supporters.

If assaulting and old man on tv and having your fans find ways to blame the old man and your employer just not address it - then nothing will deter your fanboys and sponsors (as long as you're making them money by continuing to appeal to the lowest of the low).

With Connie's tweet about Khabib dad I am shocked the piece of shit has a single sponsor left.

I was a fan of Conor as he was a fun fighter that could hype a fight. Turned into one of worst pieces of trash I have ever seen in sports.

That's simply not true. Tiger woods for example lost a ton of sponsorship when he got caught cheating on his wife, and he was one of the most known athlete at thw time

Tiger Wood's job wasn't kicking people in the face.

Tiger Woods hits small white balls across manicured putting greens while wearing preppy polo shirts and his big ticket buyer followers are by and large retirees. McGregor busts people's heads for a living. They are not comparable from a marketing reach and public reaction to their off script actions.
Also compare the sponsorships. Conor doesn’t have any real ones. Tigers has some of the most well known powerful sponsors in the world

I heard he just signed a huge deal with Rascal Scooters.

Back