How have casual fans not gotten over Holly Holm yet?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Casual fans CONTINUE to somehow get hype for Holly Holm fights as if she’s some crazy action fighter.

As Holly was doing her walkout at UFC 246, I heard someone in the bar say, “Holly looks mad, she looks so mad, this is gonna be a good fight.”
{<BJPeen}
How is this still happening? Holly gets placed on every single huge PPV, so there’s no way that they’ve only seen her fight Ronda.

Here’s the Holm fights that casuals have probably seen of her:

Holm vs Ronda- Entertaining KO, understandable
Holm vs Tate- Boring fight until Tate gets the late sub, understandable
Holm vs Shevchenko- Boring fight but Shev is famous for making fights boring
Holm vs De Randemie- Decent fight, De Randemie made the fight interesting
Holm vs Correría- Holm losing until the KO, casuals probably didn’t see this except in highlight reels
Holm vs Cyborg- decent fight only because Cyborg made it that way
Holm vs Anderson- boring wrestle decision, props to Holly for being well-rounded
Holm vs Nunes- Holly did almost nothing in this fight, got KO’d
Holm vs Pennington- somehow even more boring than their first fight (shame on UFC for making this a co main event)

I don’t understand what casuals are seeing that I’m not.
<Dylan>

Holly is a draw. Reality has very little to do with it. Everybody loves those tiny shorts man.

Casual fans CONTINUE to somehow get hype for Holly Holm fights as if she’s some crazy action fighter.

As Holly was doing her walkout at UFC 246, I heard someone in the bar say, “Holly looks mad, she looks so mad, this is gonna be a good fight.”
{<BJPeen}
How is this still happening? Holly gets placed on every single huge PPV, so there’s no way that they’ve only seen her fight Ronda.

Here’s the Holm fights that casuals have probably seen of her:

Holm vs Ronda- Entertaining KO, understandable
Holm vs Tate- Boring fight until Tate gets the late sub, understandable
Holm vs Shevchenko- Boring fight but Shev is famous for making fights boring
Holm vs De Randemie- Decent fight, De Randemie made the fight interesting
Holm vs Correría- Holm losing until the KO, casuals probably didn’t see this except in highlight reels
Holm vs Cyborg- decent fight only because Cyborg made it that way
Holm vs Anderson- boring wrestle decision, props to Holly for being well-rounded
Holm vs Nunes- Holly did almost nothing in this fight, got KO’d
Holm vs Pennington- somehow even more boring than their first fight (shame on UFC for making this a co main event)

<Dylan>

They have. Dayna just wishes they hadn't which is why he keeps trying to shove her down people's throats in co-main slots.

Last edited:
people think the earth is flat too bud, no helping some people.

The hate Ronda received, rightfully so, was so great that Holly is still riding that magic carpet. We're so thankful to her for exposing Ronda that we give her credit for less than stellar fights. Plus, she looks at least somewhat female-like unlike many (most?) women in WMMA including some other strangely popular ones.

Because they're casuals, they don't follow the sport closely so they only know her. Nunes should've been the bigger WMMA star after Rousey but for some reason it's Holm. They probably missed the ironic head kick knockout Nunes gave her like, if you scan their brain it won't be there, that fight never happened.

I think the head kick heard 'round the world is what did it. Ronda was such a huge star when that happened and that's what most people remember about Holm. They don't understand that Ronda, an olympic medalist in judo, fell in love with her hands after knocking out Bethe, and tried to stand with a legitimate striker like a dumbass. Her getting ko'd was only a matter of time. She barely attempted to take the fight to the mat because she was probably thinking, "I'm gonna prove a point and ko this former boxing/kickboxing world champion".

Holly was just a bad style matchup for Ronda. She was a really bad opponent for her to try and showcase her stand up skills against. Now we have casuals that think Holm is some monster when the reality is, she knocked out another girl that has atrocious striking skills, and barely tried to use her bread and butter...which probably could've won her the fight pretty easily.

Holly is a draw. Reality has very little to do with it. Everybody loves those tiny shorts man.

i can personally attest that not everyone likes her or her tiny shorts....she's far too old to be wearing that shit. not to mention, she's one of the most boring fighters going today.

Honestly it’s amazing to me but kinda not
That ronda ko was viral as it gets

I had some really casuals say to me at work how it’s a good card at weekend it’s got Holm on it

I’m like.. yeah..

Holly Holmes? is that Katies sister?

I'll always like Holly for dethroning Ronda and (I'd argue) propelling WMMA. It was a bit stagnant when Ronda was champ.

Also, I think she's hawt!

I agree she shouldn't be co-main eventing or anything, her skill isn't up there.

The hate Ronda received, rightfully so, was so great that Holly is still riding that magic carpet. We're so thankful to her for exposing Ronda that we give her credit for less than stellar fights. Plus, she looks at least somewhat female-like unlike many (most?) women in WMMA including some other strangely popular ones.

The irony being that Ronda was probably the most exciting fighter in wmma at the time. I'd much rather watch her fight than Holm.

Yeah, Casuals only remember the Rousey KO (or are shown that highlight every time she fights) so that's probably why.

As for a hardcore gambler like me, I bet on Holm via decision this past Sat and while I feel vindicated by the absolutely boring dominance, I still thought the fight sucked even more than I had imagined.

Why does her skin look so terrible though?

It looks like she eats bags and bags of Fritos and refuses to drink water...

Back