How great was Joe Hipp?

Was super-competitive with a prime Tommy Morrison before the final round as well.

One of the gutstiest HW's of his era. He wasn't particularly fast or agile and didn't have one-punch KO power. And he was always hurt with one ailment or another. Never mattered. Dude just kept coming until one of you was done. You have to respect that lunchbox mentality.

Was super-competitive with a prime Tommy Morrison before the final round as well.

One of the gutstiest HW's of his era. He wasn't particularly fast or agile and didn't have one-punch KO power. And he was always hurt with one ailment or another. Never mattered. Dude just kept coming until one of you was done. You have to respect that lunchbox mentality.
i understand he's some kind of labor business owner, forgot which trade but i guess he's still around washington/seattle. I always wondered what he would have weighed without all that extra flab, would he have even been a heavyweight. that was probably his biggest issue.

He was the hippest...

I'll be here all week, :eek::eek::eek:s.

I don't know about great but tremendous heart and one tough SOB who was always willing to go to war. One of my favorite fighters because of his character and determination,

just watched the ribalta fight, he took ribalta out a lot faster than tyson did. kinda surprising. i know ribalta was done by then but not bad.

I know it's not English. . . .just wondering what it might be.
5 years later, still wondering eh? Just accept that the unknown language of that sherdogger is one of life's unknowable mysteries, friend.

5 years later, still wondering eh? Just accept that the unknown language of that sherdogger is one of life's unknowable mysteries, friend.
probably trying to talk like his favorite rapper who got shot.

Name AT LEAST 10 fighters who were better than Hipp, you can't. A once in a decade type of talent.

Now that HBO is out of boxing, can USA bring back Tuesday Night Fights?

i understand he's some kind of labor business owner, forgot which trade but i guess he's still around washington/seattle. I always wondered what he would have weighed without all that extra flab, would he have even been a heavyweight. that was probably his biggest issue.
Yeah, he's still in the Spokane area last I read. East side of the state. He was in the 30 for 30 about Morrison for about 5 seconds and he looked basically the same. Just older and with a shorter, buzzed haircut. DIdn't show the bod but you have to believe he's pretty big by now.

Yeah, he's still in the Spokane area last I read. East side of the state. He was in the 30 for 30 about Morrison for about 5 seconds and he looked basically the same. Just older and with a shorter, buzzed haircut. DIdn't show the bod but you have to believe he's pretty big by now.
ya, i looked at his fb page and someone mentioned he was on espn, i tried to find it but couldn't, i should try to find the 30 for 30, it's always great.

Hipp had a lot of guts and had no quit in him at all. Used to watch him cable (USA and ESPN) and he was very entertaining. Never considered him a real threat for the Title but guys like him make the sport IMHO as it's not always the most talented guys that give the most entertaining fights.

Hipp had a lot of guts and had no quit in him at all. Used to watch him cable (USA and ESPN) and he was very entertaining. Never considered him a real threat for the Title but guys like him make the sport IMHO as it's not always the most talented guys that give the most entertaining fights.
just think, he was actually pretty talented, he wouldn't have went so far with all that excess weight on him without some skills. He was probably much closer to a lightheavyweight without all the flab. I still remember seeing him in the golden gloves, probably already told this story in this thread, he beat some really muscular shorter black guy who looked way more athletic, i walked by the loser afterwards and heard him smile and say "at least I got the shirt".

Hipp.Joe.jpg
mpionship title.

-Gave future HOFer Tommy Morrison all he could handle breaking Tommy's jaw and both his hands.
Sorry but since when is breaking both of your opponents hands something to brag about in professional boxing? It just means that your opponent hit you so many times they fucked their hands up on your skull. That's not something to be proud of.

always get this guy mixed up with the other unbeaten guy who had some sort of brain problem and had to stop fighting just before he got a title shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back