How good would Ronda's boxing be if she started her career at Jackson's?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Would she still not know that it's a bad idea to block punches with her face and not know how to move her head or use a jab if she was getting trained by Mike Winklejohn and Greg Jackson in 2010?

I would say it's a shame that she got conned by a local Glendale convicted identity thief in Edmond but then again it's Ronda so...

Last edited:
5aml95.jpg

events_1631-m.jpg

id perfer if ronda went to kings mma learn how to kick for once or alliance mma and learn some footwork

She should have trained with Cordeiro

What the other guys said. Kings MMA would be the best fit.

With the division catching up with her she needs a total mma game , and Edmond cant offer that.

She could have brought in so many people to help her improve. Gone to so many difference camps. This is what you see other fighters doing who want to improve their skills. Yet, she remained so loyal it blinded her.

I have a ton of respect for her, but she allowed herself and Edmund to bring about the end of her career.

Despite how crazy she seems, Ronda should have listened to her mom.

She actually cares about her. Edmond just wanted her money.

Terrible.

All of Jackson's guys have terrible boxing. Even Jones with an 85" reach @ 205 has shitty boxing.

We are talking 5 years of good training in the standup department - who knows what that could have done for her, but it couldn't have been any worse. I would think a really solid MMA gym, would have implemented boxing, kicking, and wrestling. I think she could have added a ton to her game by learning wrestling as well. Her Judo is obviously world class, but mixing up wrestling with her Judo would have been amazing. Her usually clinch game consists of her kind of posturing up and throwing her arm around the top of her opponents neck to establish her position for throws - her opponents don't need to sprawl for this as they do with a double. If she would have learned to mix the takedowns up (Judo/wrestling) I think she could keep her opponents guessing a lot more and throw them off a bit .......

No excuse. She could get to a level where she's good enough in her striking to get the fight to the ground like , kinda like Maia.
It's entirely possible she couldn't. After five years she is still an amateur. That's not all on Edmond.

Lulz. Ronda was the biggest smoke and mirrors job in the history of combat sports. It wasn't too long ago when Rogan was jizzin all over about how Ronda would beat a lot of the professional female boxers fighting right now (since then, he's been forced to backtrack on those comments). And we all sat there and watched Bald ass Uncle Dana stand at the podium and claim that Ronda would beat the shit out of Floyd Mayweather, while Ronda beamed just a few feet away as if she knew that was the truth.

Hitting pads is probably all she did with Edmond. You can tell she never sparred boxing really hard over there. That's where you learn how to cover up. And finally, last night we saw a tiny bit of footage of her hitting the speed bag. They had to put it in slow motion because she was probably just learning how to hit that as well.

Smoke and mirrors and a one-trick pony. A pioneer for WMMA in the U.S., for sure. But a once ever human? LMFAO!!!

It's entirely possible she couldn't. After five years she is still an amateur. That's not all on Edmond.

At least real coaches wouldn't be feeding her ego and telling her she's the greatest boxer in the world and telling everyone she was KOing boxing champs in training...

Her KOing Bethe in 30 seconds and the UFC saying she was the most dominant athlete in human history then fighting Holly right after was the worst thing that could have happened to her.

I don't know if her fragile psyche can be coached by anyone. She doesn't accept criticism well.

She would still be champ if she'd been training at one of the many top camps. Travis has looked awful since leaving Jackson's. It's unlikely to be simple irony that his striking and defense went to hell in a hand basket since leaving Jackson's and Ronda has worse striking form than my 7 year old. Edmond is a con artist, not a trainer.

At least real coaches wouldn't be feeding her ego and telling her she's the greatest boxer in the world and telling everyone she was KOing boxing champs in training...

Her KOing Bethe in 30 seconds and the UFC saying she was the most dominant athlete in human history then fighting Holly right after was the worst thing that could have happened to her.
Given how poorly she takes criticism, I doubt any coach could've gotten through to her.

Her overall mma game would've been better. As for striking, even if she's the most untalented person in that department - everything is better than training with Edmond.

Back