How good was Rocky Marciano?

he wrote "ali in havana" surprised i never read that one, it would be one of the few of it's kind that i haven't read, meaning, any ali coverage since i became an ali fanatic.

I'll have to check it out, too.

You Need those names on your resume.
Even if the names are passed it, like Floyd did. Louis doesn't count because he'd had both his hips replaced.

How come when somebody mentions boxing they mention Rocky Marciano.... He did beat a 120 year old Joe Lewis. :)
9276b3bd39c2edaef8db2280a13124d5.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, he was definitely an interesting guy, time to buy a new boxing book!

I would consider Archie Moore to have been in his prime when he fought Marciano. Throughout the 50's, he only lost to three men, Harold Johnson, Floyd Patterson and Rocky Marciano. Everyone else he pretty much dominated.

Moore had won 44 of his previous 45 fights, coming into the fight with Marciano, mostly against top competition (including the top ranked heavyweights). After losing to Marciano, he reigned as light heavyweight champion for 7 more years.

This was one of Moore's last fights prior to facing Marciano:

He hardly showed any signs of being washed up, KOing Johnson in the 14th round with lightning fast combinations.

Well according to the most advanced computers of the 1960s (you know, the same ones that put a man on the moon), he would have KO’d Ali stiff. Therefore he is GOAT heavyweight

Back