How good really is Firas?

Nabs

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think he's good, but most def overrated. Aside from GSP & Rory, what other talent has he "molded" to a high level? I believe both Rory and GSP would've been great w any of the top camps. Their success says more about themselves as athletes than about who coaches them IMO. Not bashing Firas at all, but I just think he's not Yoda like Rogan seems to think. What are my Sherbros thinking?

subscribe and study his methods and decide for yourself. i find him extremely knowledgeable.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's good, but most def overrated. Aside from GSP & Rory, what other talent has he "molded" to a high level? I believe both Rory and GSP would've been great w any of the top camps. Their success says more about themselves as athletes than about who coaches them IMO. Not bashing Firas at all, but I just think he's not Yoda like Rogan seems to think. What are my Sherbros thinking?

He's pretty good when his fighters have an average to high fight IQ.

subscribe and study his methods and decide for yourself. i find him extremely knowledgeable.

He is. As I stated in my OP, he's a good coach. I just don't think he's THAT much better than most of the top coaches in the sport.

He is. As I stated in my OP, he's a good coach. I just don't think he's THAT much better than most of the top coaches in the sport.

So what exactly was the point of the thread? For you to say you don’t think he’s anything special?

giphy.gif

He's pretty good when his fighters have an average to high fight IQ.

Or maybe he spends more time/energy working with and thinking about, the truly elite guys.

We see so many pics of him with GSP. Eating dinner, drinking a glass of wine, visiting other gyms together....I don’t see too many pictures of Firas doing that with, say, Makdessi.

Canadian Edmund
We skate kavanagh but he’s done much more with much less. Firas is crazy overrated.

Only good gyms are AKA and ATT

Arab Edmond

So what exactly was the point of the thread? For you to say you don’t think he’s anything special?

giphy.gif

There is an actual question in my post sir. Looking for the opinion of my Sherbros just in case I'm missing something. But no worries, move along...:D

Firas and Danaher are the top minds in the sport

That being said coaching is overrated in almost every sport, it comes down to the athlete as long as their coaching isn't exceptionally bad

Canadian Edmund
We skate kavanagh but he’s done much more with much less. Firas is crazy overrated.

Only good gyms are AKA and ATT

I think Javier Mendes deserves more praise than Firas. He's had Cain, DC, Khabib, Luke...

He's like any coach - he's only as good as his players.

I think Javier Mendes deserves more praise than Firas. He's had Cain, DC, Khabib, Luke...
Gyms like AKA actively try to recruit, I have heard Javier talk about how hard it is to always find the next crop of guys. It's not like he "molded" any of them that much, more facilitated their progression I would guess. DC was an olympian, Cain was a really good D1 wrestler, Khabib had Abdulmanap, Rockhold is an elite athlete.... these guys would have figured it out one way or another... GSP, and Rory probably would have as well.

Gyms like AKA actively try to recruit, I have heard Javier talk about how hard it is to always find the next crop of guys. It's not like he "molded" any of them that much, more facilitated their progression I would guess. DC was an olympian, Cain was a really good D1 wrestler, Khabib had Abdulmanap, Rockhold is an elite athlete.... these guys would have figured it out one way or another... GSP, and Rory probably would have as well.

Exactly! We can also say the very same about Firas not actually molding Rory & George. If he gets that much praise for being a facilitator, then Javier should get even more.

Search the topics

Firas has been entirely debunked as an elite trainer

Arab Edmond is close to accurate

He shines when he is cornering a fighter who is leagues above their competition

When he has to corner anyone else, his flaws are apparent.

Listen to his podcast for a glaring look at his basic mind

Saying that, he has gone into hiding after his two athleticly gifted, hand picked/poached fighters both lost back to back....exposing him even further

He's just embarrassing himself now I don't know why he still bothers

Back