• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How good/bad are eggs for you?

They are larger, and have a richer overall flavor. Especially the yolk. They have about 3x the cholesterol. I'm kinda' meh on that, though.

hmmm. Ill have to try for special occasion but im thinking pasture raised are good on the regular

2 eggs, Sausage and/or Bacon and Whole wheat toast every morning. Eggs are the best way to start your day. Not too heavy, not too light and great source of protein after working out.

Eat processed foods! Especially bleached shit without barely any nutritional value. Wonder bread should be a staple. Sarcasm, for those not sure.

Lard, butter, meats and eggs are so much better for you than the shite promoted by the folks who brought us the food pyramid. Hard boiled, scrambled, omelettes, whatever. Eggs are great.

Eggs score a 100 on the protein evaluation scale, so they’re an excellent complete protein source. They have a ton of other vitamins and minerals as well. Superfood imo

Eat Every night with dinner; 5 fried with a ghetto crisp or 4 scrambled/omelette.
images

I think my body just likes the nutrition from eggs; only thing I eat every day & feel better eating with beef/steak, chicken, pork at dinner especially after training.

Last edited:
Eggs have been a primary fuel source for animals for eons. It’s about the cheapest and cleanest protein you can get.

There was a big scare that eating eggs would raise your cholesterol and cause heart disease but there have been numerous studies since showing it has no effect.

We’ve been eating eggs for 100s of thousands of years. We wouldn’t have survived if they were bad for us.

You are quite right about the first part but humanity could survive if eggs were responsible for high cholesterol because having high cholesterol usually doesn't kill people until after their child producing years.

High cholesterol seems to be caused mainly by genetics which, so far, we can't change.

Eggs are a complete protein (all amino acids you can't synthesize yourself). The liver synthesizes around 1000mg of cholesterol every day and it will adjust its' production depending on what you eat. So for example if you eat 200mg, your body will produce 800mg that day. So if you subscribe to the mainstream idea that cholesterol is bad, you do have a 1000mg leeway. Eggs have some saturated fat if you care about that, but it's not an enormous amount.

Excess glucose and fructose gets converted into fat by the liver and that fat needs to be put on LDL and VLDL (lipoproteins) for transport. In other words you can give yourself atherosclerosis and high cholesterol through sugar consumption. A lot of people will replace eggs with "healthy" cereal filled with hidden sugars and think they're doing something good but they're not. Even if you do very well and you stay away from sugar, eating oatmeal or something, you're still consuming glucose and spiking your blood sugar and not getting the essential protein and fats you need. Carbs are not essential. The nutritional recommendations from the medical establishment don't really make sense. At some point you have to pick your battles and I think you're obviously better off eating meat, eggs, cheese, etc, rather than stuffing yourself full of carbs and sugar.

I don't eat em, the industry is sickening to me.. Almost all the studies i've seen suggesting they are healthy are financed by those who financially benefit from that being considered consensus.

Well considering eggs have the highest biological value of any protein hence it was used as a benchmark of 100 and every other protein was compared to and lower than that. Whey powder and other man made supplements can have a value higher than the benchmark, whet powders are typically about 120. Eggs are very very healthy, just don’t eat them with bacon and buttered bread and hollondaise and delicious shit like that because then you take away a lot of the nutrients by nasty shit that binds to it in digestion.

I’m not a nutritional professional by any means, I’ve just researched the field pretty intensively for my own health benefit.

i just always thought of eggs as closer to meat. But i get the argument why it’s okay.
Ethical vegan's reason for being is supposed to be a principle of 'do no harm to life'.

An egg is the chicken period. It is the shedding of an unfertilized egg. So in eating it you are not doing any harm.

Now factory farming can do harm to the chicken so that can be a reason to not eat the egg but if a chicken is on a farm and free range, there is no reason to not eat it. That is why some vegans will eat honey that comes from no stress farming methods too.

There are other vegans who want 'no animal products' but if you asked them why most really would not know. I mean, why throw out a perfectly good egg when it does no harm to the chicken who laid it?

Eat Every night with dinner; 5 fried with a ghetto crisp or 4 scrambled/omelette.
images

I think my body just likes the nutrition from eggs; only thing I eat every day & feel better eating with beef/steak, chicken, pork at dinner especially after training.

this Dr and former Olympic athlete likes the cut of your jib.

Back