• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How fatherhood shaped Brock Lesnar's MMA and WWE career

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Brock became a dad for the first time in 2002 and that played a big part of why he signed to WWE for a lucrative contract despite not being a fan of pro-wrestling.

In 2004, after reaching the pinnacle of the industry in only a couple of years, he decided that life on the road wasn't for him and he quit WWE to try to get into the NFL (which by the way was likely inspired by Stephen Neal, google him). And eventually decided to try his hand in MMA to which he became the UFC champion.

21_12_17_f7aa40e9ce72378014ef6ee41d7d4c4e_960-3.jpg

Rey Mysterio on how he witnessed the human side of Brock during a tour in Europe:

"I remember at one point Brock being miserable. This is right before he left WWE in 2004 the first time. We were going to Europe, and my wife and I were sitting right behind Brock on the charter plane. I just saw Brock biting the f--- out of his nails and looking at a picture of one of his kids. It really hit him, the fact that he had to travel so much. That was the human side of him. The father instinct that he has. Shortly after that, he was like, "I've gotta get out of here, bro. I can't f---ing do this anymore."
I think for a lot of us, we work so hard to get to that position, and when you do have it and you do make it, the one thing you want to do is brace yourself and hold onto that position -- make sure nobody takes it. For him, it was like, "I think I did what I need to do here and I'm out." I give him a lot of props for that.
I grew up around the business. I kind of expected our road would turn out this way. After seeing Brock like that, it really put things into perspective. It made me see my personal life in a different way, too. We just had my daughter, so I was raising some kids at the time. It hit him and shortly after it hit me, too. Brock took that really, really hard. Even though we don't see it, he's very close to his family. That stuck in my head. You have to choose one or the other, and he chose to spend more time at home and not be on the road as much."

Brock became a dad for the first time in 2002 and that played a big part of why he signed to WWE for a lucrative contract despite not being a fan of pro-wrestling.

In 2004, after reaching the pinnacle of the industry in only a couple of years, he decided that life on the road wasn't for him and he quit WWE to try to get into the NFL (which by the way was likely inspired by Stephen Neal, google him). And eventually decided to try his hand in MMA to which he became the UFC champion.

21_12_17_f7aa40e9ce72378014ef6ee41d7d4c4e_960-3.jpg

Rey Mysterio on how he witnessed the human side of Brock during a tour in Europe:

"I remember at one point Brock being miserable. This is right before he left WWE in 2004 the first time. We were going to Europe, and my wife and I were sitting right behind Brock on the charter plane. I just saw Brock biting the f--- out of his nails and looking at a picture of one of his kids. It really hit him, the fact that he had to travel so much. That was the human side of him. The father instinct that he has. Shortly after that, he was like, "I've gotta get out of here, bro. I can't f---ing do this anymore."
I think for a lot of us, we work so hard to get to that position, and when you do have it and you do make it, the one thing you want to do is brace yourself and hold onto that position -- make sure nobody takes it. For him, it was like, "I think I did what I need to do here and I'm out." I give him a lot of props for that.
I grew up around the business. I kind of expected our road would turn out this way. After seeing Brock like that, it really put things into perspective. It made me see my personal life in a different way, too. We just had my daughter, so I was raising some kids at the time. It hit him and shortly after it hit me, too. Brock took that really, really hard. Even though we don't see it, he's very close to his family. That stuck in my head. You have to choose one or the other, and he chose to spend more time at home and not be on the road as much."

I am kind of surprised he couldn't make into the NFL. His kind of a genetic freak with all the raw attributes needed.

I'm not convinced that all these pictures of Brock's daughter aren't just shoops of someone putting his face on a girl's body...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fe56891575ddb3404288dd0e59aafc06f.png

Too bad she resembles dad more than mom

fecd58c81006938660ac7be527638dd6--wrestling-stars-wrestling-divas.jpg
That wasn't her mom

Brock's daughter looks like a ghost, she doesn't even look human

So how did fatherhood shape his MMA career?

Uhhh...he quit WWE?

I am kind of surprised he couldn't make into the NFL. His kind of a genetic freak with all the raw attributes needed.

I think he would have made it if he didn't have the "baggage" of being famous. He reportedly got into fights with the other guys in the Vikings team, possibly because of ego/jealousy stuff.

Uhhh...he quit WWE?

I think he would have made it if he didn't have the "baggage" of being famous. He reportedly got into fights with the other guys in the Vikings team, possibly because of ego/jealousy stuff.

You said he quit WWE then tried the NFL because of Stephen Neal, then later tried MMA. So the NFL thing was because of Stephen Neal but the MMA thing was because of fatherhood?

You said he quit WWE then tried the NFL because of Stephen Neal, then later tried MMA. So the NFL thing was because of Stephen Neal but the MMA thing was because of fatherhood?

Are you a fucking dunce? Quitting the WWE in 2004 due to his thoughts on his fatherhood duties started a chain of events which landed him in the UFC.

I thought Velasquez shaped his MMA stuff... And reem

Are you a fucking dunce? Quitting the WWE in 2004 due to his thoughts on his fatherhood duties started a chain of events which landed him in the UFC.
You couldn't make the logical chain. He did a million things after he quit the WWE. They were all because of fatherhood?

I'm not convinced that all these pictures of Brock's daughter aren't just shoops of someone putting his face on a girl's body...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fe56891575ddb3404288dd0e59aafc06f.png

Too bad she resembles dad more than mom

fecd58c81006938660ac7be527638dd6--wrestling-stars-wrestling-divas.jpg
This kinda makes me want to do a "Brocks daughter" shoop thread. Using that format but not sure it would last long in the current climate here on the Ol Dog.

You couldn't make the logical chain. He did a million things after he quit the WWE. They were all because of fatherhood?

You're just increasing your post count asking these stupid questions.

Yes, you fucking dunce. If it weren't for his thoughts on his fatherhood duties, he wouldn't have quit WWE making millions in his 20's. He still needed a job right? Why not go for the NFL which his college wrestling rival in Stephen Neal did and eventually became 3x Superbowl champ? That venture failed, but he still needed to work as an athlete and tried MMA, which led him being a UFC champ.

Why do I need to explain this to you? How hard is it to surmise from the OP?

Fuck you.

Last edited:
. We were going to Europe, and my wife and I were sitting right behind Brock on the charter plane. I just saw Brock biting the f--- out of his nails and looking at a picture of one of his kids. It really hit him, the fact that he had to travel so much. That was the human side of him. The father instinct that he has. Shortly after that, he was like, "I've gotta get out of here, bro. I need to get a hugh cock sword tatted on my chest"

For the longest time I thought those pictures of his daughter were fake. Then a few years back I think she was in an article or some s***

Uhhh...he quit WWE?

Probably wanted it too fast as well. I read he turned down an offer the to do NFL euro with the the vikings.

I understand how he thought there was more to the story by the way it's written. It definitley had alot to do with him leaving the WWE.

Going into MMA,was just the only thing really available to him after the NFL didnt pan out,and really didnt have anything to do with fatherhood.

Ngl, that may be the scariest Father/Daughter combo alive as far as physicality.

Regardless of steroids in Brocks past, those Viking genetics are real.

Can we stop bagging on his daughter? Seems awful weak to give her shit on here when you would never say this stuff to her face let alone her dad lol

What does 'she looks like a ghost' even mean?

know what... nvm (rhetoricalt question)

Last edited:
Back