How far would WME / UFC go to have Till win, when hundreds of millions of £ are at stake?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

"BT Sport has been airing UFC since 2013 and renewed the agreement in 2016. However, with Conor McGregor’s recent absence to embark on boxing and Ronda Rousey and Michael Bisping leaving the company, BT Sport are refusing to get into a bidding war over the rights.

More than 17 million paying customers around the world - predominantly in Asia and the US - are already signed up to the channel."

_______________________________________​

When hundreds of millions of £££ are at stake, to what length would WME / UFC go to protect their investment?

Darren Till, a self-proclaimed LHW with a history of missing weight, miraculously weigh-in at "169 lb," while Woodley and Zabit somehow went over the weight limit by 1-1.5 lbs ?

And the guy that was assigned to do the weigh-in appeared to "not know how to read a scale"?

I also think they rigged the scales to make it a pound lower for him in case he was 171. He weighed in at 169, theres no way he intentionally cut an extra pound there, the scale was rigged and then after Till weighed in they moved it back up more than intended, thats why 3 people missed weight right afterwards, then the commission remembered to fix the scale and declared Zabit was on weight seconds after saying he was 1.5lbs over. Shady AF.

Last edited:
Well that was a shit show. I wonder how many he got wrong.

TMuiJgS.jpg

LOL, Tillamisu is worth hundreds on millions now?

Nobody even knows who he is.

{<huh}<JagsKiddingMe>

UFC is dying

From one of the related threads:

I also think they rigged the scales to make it a pound lower for him in case he was 171. He weighed in at 169, theres no way he intentionally cut an extra pound there, the scale was rigged and then after Till weighed in they moved it back up more than intended, thats why 3 people missed weight right afterwards, then the commission remembered to fix the scale and declared Zabit was on weight seconds after saying he was 1.5lbs over. Shady AF.

Darren Till would have absolutely no influence whatsoever on BT Sport deciding to enter a bidding war for UFC broadcasting rights

Darren Till would have absolutely no influence whatsoever on BT Sport deciding to enter a bidding war for UFC broadcasting rights

The UK fans would have, and they will latch on to Till's nuts when he wins the belt.

Woodley fan preparing and rationalizing a possible Till win

The UK fans would have, and they will latch on to Till's nuts when he wins the belt.

I am from the UK. People might tune in to see him fight but I can't imagine it's a deal breaker for anyone outside of Liverpool. I don't think BT would invest millions for the sake of Till perhaps being involved in a couple of title fights

Back