How far from a title shot is Ellenberger if he crushes Lawler?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If Ellenberger crushes Lawler tonight in impressive fashion or even finishes him, how far away is he from a titleshot with Hendricks?

I just have a feeling that Jake might impress tonight.

I would think if he beats lawler worse than the champ , then he's ready for a title shot isn't he?

At least one more win. Maybe over Brown or Lombard. I think the winner of Woodley v Rory should get the next shot.

I'd give the title shot to whoever wins more impressively between Rory/Woodley and Lawler/Berger- except Lawler, if he wins he still needs another win or two.

I would think it is pretty safe to assume the winner will be in line for a title shot. Robbie just fought for the title and lost a close fight , doesn't make sense that Jake would destroy Rob and not get a shot. If Robbie wins I just would automatically assume he is next in line unless it is a really bad fight. With these two guys I don't think that happens.

I'd give the title shot to whoever wins more impressively between Rory/Woodley and Lawler/Berger- except Lawler, if he wins he still needs another win or two.

Must be a Hendrix fan

Probably at least 1 more win against a top guy. That stinkbomb vs. Rory wasn't that long ago. As others have said, he beats Lawler then either Brown or the Lombard/DHK winner he'd be in prime position.

I think whoever the winner is should face Matt Brown for the title shot, timeline wise it makes the most sense.

Since Dong vs Lombard isn't for a few months

I would think if he beats lawler worse than the champ , then he's ready for a title shot isn't he?

Depends on how Rory and Tyron do. The WW division is so stacked right now, but I really think the winner of Rory vs Tyron gets the nod.

Beating the #1 competitor should make you the #1 contender.

Ellenberger would beat the hell out of Matt Brown. A win over Lawler should be enough to secure a title shot, unless they wait to see how badly Woodley beats Rory.

he would get it for sure if he hadnt lost to rory. wouldnt be surprised if the winner of this fight, fights brown for a title shot after rory/tyron

Back