How far do you think JBJ would have gone if he had perused wrestling instead of MMA?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He basically rag dolled a 4th placed Olympian. Without training with world class wrestlers.

The wrestling of Jones is very underrated. He would have went very far.

Mma grappling =/= wrestling.

As Sonnen pointed out most of Jon's wrestling moves would be illegal in wrestling.

Why would he pursue wrestling when theres no money, fame or relevance in todays sports world.

But to answer your question, he'd end up becoming UFC champ

I don't think he can do well in pure wrestling. That is a traditional sport, not well suited for someone as creative as him

Mma grappling =/= wrestling.

Most of John's wrestling moves would be illegal in wrestling.

this. also to be fair he only took him down in 4th when dc was dead tired.
still great job by jones !

The wrestling of Jones is very underrated. He would have went very far.

He did pursue it, he just never made it. Pure wrestling and mma wrestling is different.

this. also to be fair he only took him down in 4th when dc was dead tired.
still great job by jones !

he took him down and got his back in the first.

@ts i wouldnt call it rag dolling, but he did a nice job. he was definitely the better mma grappler.

about as far as he actually made it in wrestling, not that far. lots of his elite TDD last night was because of inside strikes and he took Cormier down after he was gassed and taking good shots.

Cormier would beat Jones in a pure wrestling match imo

He did pursue it, he just never made it. Pure wrestling and mma wrestling is different.

he did make it, he had a scholarship to iowa state coming out of juco, then his daughter was born, anx he pursued mma.

He would have went to D1 at least. He had an offer and turned it down.

he did make it, he had a scholarship to iowa state coming out of juco, then his daughter was born, anx he pursued mma.

This is what I was thinking about

Back