• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How far back would you run it back if you could run it back?

I would personally run my life back to the age of 6 and start from there.That was a year before the sexual abuse at the hands of two family members started which did not end until I was 13. This led to me suffering from PTSD, major depression which led to a failed suicide attempt via hanging in my parents basement in 2003 when I was 19, major drug problems starting a year later and lasting for almost all of my 20's (My drug of choice was opiates with heroin being the main one), ER visits due to my drug abused/depression, twice involuntary psych ward, twice outpatient mental health therapy, once inpatient drug rehab and seeing a therapist from 2008 to mid 2013.

I'm now 36 and save for two slipups post 2013 I haven't touched opiates at all. Still dealing with what happened to me but I have finally come to terms with it all and realize none of what happened to me is my fault. Not to mention one of the two people died earlier this year and when I found that out I had tears of joy streaming down my face and the bigger grin the Joker.

Knowing what I know now I should went to my parents and told them what was happening and the possibility of everything happening since then would maybe not have happened

Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

I would personally run my life back to the age of 6 and start from there.That was a year before the sexual abuse at the hands of two family members started which did not end until I was 13. This led to me suffering from PTSD, major depression which led to a failed suicide attempt via hanging in my parents basement in 2003 when I was 19, major drug problems starting a year later and lasting for almost all of my 20's (My drug of choice was opiates with heroin being the main one), ER visits due to my drug abused/depression, twice involuntary psych ward, twice outpatient mental health therapy, once inpatient drug rehab and seeing a therapist from 2008 to mid 2013.

I'm now 36 and save for two slipups post 2013 I haven't touched opiates at all. Still dealing with what happened to me but I have finally come to terms with it all and realize none of what happened to me is my fault. Not to mention one of the two people died earlier this year and when I found that out I had tears of joy streaming down my face and the bigger grin the Joker.

Knowing what I know now I should went to my parents and told them what was happening and the possibility of everything happening since then would maybe not have happened
good job !!! post-trauma is truly awful...

I would prob go back to age 16/17........things were good until then, high school basketball star, football, dating cheerleading captain. etc. started taking acid in locker room at half times and older sister started turning me on to harder shit. things fell apart, in and out of college, drugs, first marriage failed, blah blah...

Questions like this always depend on whether things will continue as they were.

Will Bitcoin still be super valuable? Will Tyson still get knocked out by Buster Douglas?

Truth be told, I would think college or something but how much crap would be different now? For the worse... not for better?

That's a tough question. I mean, on one hand having a redo would be cool. There are definitely some things I'd change (like finishing college etc).

On the other, if I still had the memories of this life, it would eat me alive without my wife and kids. I could still meet my wife obviously with the foreknowledge of where she was on the night we met. But the chance of losing my kids is too great.

<escalate99>

Sorry to hear that, glad to hear you're doing well in recovery.

Back to the year 2000. There are a lot of good things about my present life that I wouldn't want to alter by changing the past.

Last edited:
Early 2000s Gradschool & after.
Some career & personal things ld’ve liked to given a whirl & pursue.
Money & Investment wise too, would’ve been much better. (overall with mindset I got through loss & a few wins, would’ve been better in all 3 just like any one else here.)

That said KC gonna run it back, so I’ll settle for ma sports team doing that in this shitshow fuckin year.
Maybe end times or not, but that’s nice.
ap-afc-championship-titans-chiefs-football.jpg

Last edited:
Lets say you were given a chance to run it back as far back as you want to run it, how far would you travel to run it back?

So you would keep your current knowledge of things until you replace them with the new experience or ?

Back