How easy is it to break your foot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3729
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3729

I was doing an MMA competition today. By & large i'm a grappling guy with little standup experience, but i've done some boxing and MMA classes. Any in one of my matches, I tried to work some standup and threw a few roundhouse kick to other guys thigh. When I threw my last kick i hit with my foot instead of shin. It was a bit sore at the moment of impact but I didn't think much of it. Anyway i've found it progressively more painful to walk and flex my toes since the fight.

I was looking for some pictures to describe it's sore, it seem to be in the area were the 1st cuneform meets the capital A bone.

ft-anatomy6.gif

Is there much chance I actually would broken it, or would it be something i just need to ice it down. Obviously if there is no improvement i'll get it checked by a doc, but in the mean-time any advice or info you might have would be helpful.

I think you will be fine just ice it, I do MT and it happens 2 me alot when I dont kick right while kicking the thai pads.

I don't know man, I had a similiar situation happen to me. Mine was sore for awhile and I still trained. I kicked the heavy bag alot with my foot because I just started training MT and didn't have my distance figured out yet. I sparred and connected (my foot) with a couple of really hard low kicks to my opponents thigh and my foot killed afterwards. Not so much I couldn't walk on it but when I flexed my toes and such. Turns out I had a fractured metatarsel (sp?). I recommend you get an x-ray if it doesn't start feeling better soon.

Back