How does Paulo Costa get his fights against top 5?

He has a great physique and is a good looking guy. Many fans love his social media presence and crazy humor. His fights are always banging and fun - except when Izzy took him to task. Always look forward both to his pre-fight trolling antics and his do-or-die fighting style.
you might be onto something, ortega is good lookin too and barely fights as well

The right amount of RIZZ.
Just watch him and Strickland selling more seats and PPV as co-main, than the main event sells.

He's rarely if ever in a boring fight. That would have made him an icon in Pride just like Rampage was, big personality, entertaining fights, wins some and loses some.

Would you rather watch Belal fight?

I would rather watch Belal fight Leon because that's the right fight to make tbh sir.

Battle of the inflated rankings in Costa/Strickland. Makes perfect sense to me.

Very true!. I've been saying this for ages on here. Costa is just crap, I've just never ever been impressed with him. Big slow lump. He is so inactive and pulls out 95% of his fights, always some excuse and mysterious reason as to why he can't fight

Then when he does actually fight.. its just crap, he is slow and not this power puncher than everyone makes him out to be. His best win and performance was many many many years ago against 44 year old Romero by decision, that is as good as it gets. He loses most of the time and is ploddy and slow and is so overrated. The most overrated fighter on the roster I think.

From what I understand, he managed to get a very good contract. UFC aren't going to pay him that much money just to feed him cans -- they're going to give him tough fights so that paulo either proves he's worth that contract, or he loses his way out of that contract and they can then justify paying him less.

He did well vs Withaker. He's interesting. His fights are good. Probably noone else ranked for Sean to fight. Like when Sean got his title shot.

Very true!. I've been saying this for ages on here. Costa is just crap, I've just never ever been impressed with him. Big slow lump. He is so inactive and pulls out 95% of his fights, always some excuse and mysterious reason as to why he can't fight

Then when he does actually fight.. its just crap, he is slow and not this power puncher than everyone makes him out to be. His best win and performance was many many many years ago against 44 year old Romero by decision, that is as good as it gets. He loses most of the time and is ploddy and slow and is so overrated. The most overrated fighter on the roster I think.
He's so pretty though. 😁

Loses to Whittaker, gets to fight the number 1 ranking and former champ next while Whittaker fights number 11 next. Makes sense

Back