How does Khabib become the GOAT?

Only a HW or LHW can be GOAT.

The rest are a bunch of starving, dehydrating cowards.
Rather the opposite in MMA IMO - there aren't very many good athletes that big who are competing in this relative fringe sport. LW and WW, on the other hand, is stacked full of normal-size dudes who are true A-level, top of the food chain athletes.

If you have ever watched his interviews carefully, you would know that he does not plan to fight for much longer... After he accomplishes his goal of winning the LW title, I've heard Abdulmanap say several times in different interviews that his son will move up to WW, and the only reason he stays at LW is because he is so close to a titleshot, whereas at WW he would need several more fights to reach that level. I think that his biggest priority after winning LW title would be to seek the money fight with Conor. If that is not available, he might come up to WW if he is offered a title or eliminator right. Whatever happens, I do not see him staying in the fight game for more than 3 more years, which means he is not likely to produce a body of work to qualify him for P4P GOAT discussion, but he would certainly have a case for LW GOAT if he manages several dominant defenses...

5 more top 5-10 wins (if/after beating ferg) and he'd be 30-0 with a similar level/record as the other GOAT contemporaries, GSP/Fedor/etc.

If you have ever watched his interviews carefully, you would know that he does not plan to fight for much longer... After he accomplishes his goal of winning the LW title, I've heard Abdulmanap say several times in different interviews that his son will move up to WW, and the only reason he stays at LW is because he is so close to a titleshot, whereas at WW he would need several more fights to reach that level. I think that his biggest priority after winning LW title would be to seek the money fight with Conor. If that is not available, he might come up to WW if he is offered a title or eliminator right. Whatever happens, I do not see him staying in the fight game for more than 3 more years, which means he is not likely to produce a body of work to qualify him for P4P GOAT discussion, but he would certainly have a case for LW GOAT if he manages several dominant defenses...
If he takes and defends both LW and WW belts then he's GOAT to me.

Back