How does Kelvin lose to Neil Magny?

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean, Magny is not a top fighter. Adesanya is even bigger than Magny and a thousand milles ahead as an striker.

What are Kelvin's real chances onthis fight?

mma math doesn't work.

Magny is underrated.

Magny is insanely tough and durable. Has crazy cardio. He doesn't do any one thing spectacularly, but overall he is pretty well rounded, with heart for days.

Kelvin has evolved much more, but Neil can give a lot of fighters issues when he is on point.

IIRC Gas gassed towards the end, imo he won the fight, but it is what it is......

Gas tank issues and he was badly struggling to do that usual leap in and out thing he does because of Magny's footwork

It's also why Whittaker was going to drown him badly if that fight went through

Not sure the first one will have much of a bearing against Adesanya's low pace and at MW but the footwork issues could be significant if Kelvin can't find takedowns and has to strike

That was a bizarre fight. Gastelum winning the standup, Magny winning the wrestling, friggin Magny gassing while Gastelum came on strong late in the fight.

It was the complete opposite of everything you would have expected.

Was the opposite, Magny gassed towards the end while Gastelum got stronger. Weird.
Really, the fight was a while ago. I thought the opposite. Man memory is a fickle thing. Wasnt a super exciting fight, so it wouldnt have stuck in my mind like a Lawler/Condit etc.

Exactly!!! But people here were saying that Kelvin would won against witthaker lool. This new witthaker is one of the best fighters in the world as MMA goes, Kelvin was lucky...

That was a bizarre fight. Gastelum winning the standup, Magny winning the wrestling, friggin Magny gassing while Gastelum came on strong late in the fight.

It was the complete opposite of everything you would have expected.
Nice.

Kelvin has grown a lot. The magny fight was right before he went on a pretty impressive 6-1 streak. In my opinion his hand speed and footwork improved a lot, and his striking has become a lot harder to deal with. I think it still catches a lot of folks off guard

Kelvin has grown a lot. The magny fight was right before he went on a pretty impressive 6-1 streak. In my opinion his hand speed and footwork improved a lot, and his striking has become a lot harder to deal with. I think it still catches a lot of folks off guard
He's improved every year as much as anyone since Matt Brown.

1 cheese burger + 2 cheese burgers is = to 4 cheese burgers

Attachments

• download (6).jpeg
    download (6).jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Back