How does Herman beat Jacare?

dont see him having a chance outside lnp, and i dont see him holding down jacare

im so glad to finally see jacare in the ufc

no idea, its a horrible matchup for him. maybe if he can stay on top and somehow not get subbed or swept for 3 rounds

This fight will look a lot like the Shields fight, but hopefully without the failed drug test.

He probably won't, but its not a totally impossible. Herman likes to play with fire sometimes, as evidenced by him willingly grappling with Maia and Shields, but if he keeps in on the feet or gets top position he coukd win. He just can't get sloppy for even a second.
If Herman fights a perfect fight, he can win, but its unlikely

Out-striking him and staying off his back. I still don't buy Jacare's striking. He's got more power but from the fights I've watched all he does is throw wild haymakers.

Idk, im a Herman fan, but ill be the first to admit thats a really tough fight for him. He has slick BJJ, but not on the level of Jacare. Id say his best chance is on the feet. He has heavy hands, maybe he can catch Jacare and finish him. But like i said, its a tough fight.

Press him up against the cage and use some dirty boxing.

tbh jacare stock doesnt rise from beating ed herman.

Forgot about this one! Fuck me just an abundance of great fights coming up! Well Ed is pretty experienced and has pretty solid BJJ! Not a mismatch by any means.

Didn't know they were fighting. Damn, and I like Herman :(

Jacare is going to break Herman's leg.

Last edited:
I remember this same thread when Forrest drew the short straw to be the sacrificial lamb for Shogun's first UFC fight. I can't remember, how'd that turn out?

I remember this same thread when Forrest drew the short straw to be the sacrificial lamb for Shogun's first UFC fight. I can't remember, how'd that turn out?

obviously everyone has a chance to win a fight but Herman's odds are very slim. His really not great at anything and he took this fight on 8 days notice(so he won't be in great shape). Really his biggest strength may be his bjj but Jacare is at a completely different level.

He has to land a big shot and rock him and TKO

What is the characteristic of white guys thanks to the UFC?

Oh, he's a gritty veteran who can never be counted out.

Nothing really for him in this fight but show money. Feel bad for Herman since he had a winnable fight against Shields. Well at least we can probably end up seeing Shields/Jacare...but it wont be the ground war it could be sadly and Maia went to WW...so many great bjj oriented fights to make in the UFC....but of course they'd all most likely turn into weird kickboxing matches.

Back