• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How does GSP beat Khabib??

kicking khabib is not smart if you want to stay on the feet

unless you have very dangerous leg kicks and can use them to slow khabib down. GSP does not have that. barboza and gaethje couldtn do it, gsp is not a powerfull fast leg kicker at all.

the jab is gsp's best option against khabib. question becomes.....can gsp handle the pressure. because khabib is going to put pressure on him like he has done against all his opponents. 'make them tired and then choke them'

GSP set kicks up with punches. It's hard to catch a kick when you're busy protecting your face.

Keeps it on the feet and outpoints him

Makes Khabib tap to strikes

Well apparently you have no idea what you've been watching for 25 years. If GSP can hang with Estima on the ground then he can hang with Khabib as well. There is level to the ground game and Khabib subbing Conor or Gaetje means nothing about a potential grappling exchange with GSP.
40 year old 155 lbs Gsp would get destroyed..... I hope they book it.......you certainly have a right to your opinion sir

You guys are sooooo boring.

GSP will use the spinning back kick that Rogan taught him...

Khabib is much better grappler then GSp
Based on what exactly?
Are you assuming prime GSP wouldn't have been able to grapple Fuck Gaethje? Poirier? McGregor? Roided Tibau at UFC 148?
There is a size difference too.

Right now age is a problem, time stops for no one and he's gonna be 40 maybe looking to fight the most dominant lightweight ever.

I definitely think GSP won't be dominating any grappling with Khabib as a 40 year old with multiple knee surgeries, and 1 fight in 8 years.

Movement, size and fight IQ. He would probably try to keep it standing. If Khabib moves forward like he did against Justin, GSP will land something standing or take him down.

GSP is known to be above average strength for his size and he's much bigger than Khabib. When Khabib gets his hands on him, he won't manhandle him as easily as his LW opponents.

As far as fight IQ, no one has shown up with a good plan for Khabib. GSP could be the first one to surprise him.

So sad we will probably never see this fight because Dana is too afraid of GSP riding off into the sunset with a belt again.

lmaoo i cant believe it! but im surprised you're not in any of the shoop threads considering your talents......

I used to make some back in the day.. entered like 3 shoop contests here on SD.. but just like on BX I been so busy lately I haven't had time to make smilies.. im usually backed up with graphic designs for customers.. but when I find time I'll make some again..

Movement, size and fight IQ. He would probably try to keep it standing. If Khabib moves forward like he did against Justin, GSP will land something standing or take him down.

GSP is known to be above average strength for his size and he's much bigger than Khabib. When Khabib gets his hands on him, he won't manhandle him as easily as his LW opponents.

As far as fight IQ, no one has shown up with a good plan for Khabib. GSP could be the first one to surprise him.

So sad we will probably never see this fight because Dana is too afraid of GSP riding off into the sunset with a belt again.
I'm a giant GSP fan but I don't find the current fight extremely compelling, the prime vs prime sure, but currently GSP is gonna be 40, has had major knee surgeries on both knees, and 1 fight / camp in the last 8 years. GSP was a better all around fighter, he's ancient though.

Don't forget that we have guys like DC, oleinik, Romero and more who are around same age and still capable to compete against elite fighters. Obviously it will make anyone weaker but is GSP really far from his prime now or not? The only way to know is if you see him training or in the cage

Based on what exactly?
Are you assuming prime GSP wouldn't have been able to grapple Fuck Gaethje? Poirier? McGregor? Roided Tibau at UFC 148?
There is a size difference too.

Right now age is a problem, time stops for no one and he's gonna be 40 maybe looking to fight the most dominant lightweight ever.

I definitely think GSP won't be dominating any grappling with Khabib as a 40 year old with multiple knee surgeries, and 1 fight in 8 years.
Well 40 year old Gsp would be the one fighting ....GSP in his prime would be a much different fight imo

Don't forget that we have guys like DC, oleinik, Romero and more who are around same age and still capable to compete against elite fighters. Obviously it will make anyone weaker but is GSP really far from his prime now or not? The only way to know is if you see him training or in the cage
Heavier divisions ..... where are the top 40 year old ww and Lws

Is it just me or is this fight reminiscent of Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie?

Except GSP is very obviously the much more well rounded fighter.

Khabib IN SHAPE is not close to 190lb. Walking around weight is fucking stupid. IN SHAPE Khabib is like 170-175lb and IN SHAPE GSP is like 185-190lb.

Who would win now? Who knows. GSP probably still trains harder than 90% of MMA fighters even though he is retired, but he is old and retired. In their primes GSP obviously wins. He is better than Khabib almost anywhere and is bigger and stronger

I'm a giant GSP fan but I don't find the current fight extremely compelling, the prime vs prime sure, but currently GSP is gonna be 40, has had major knee surgeries on both knees, and 1 fight / camp in the last 8 years. GSP was a better all around fighter, he's ancient though.

It's getting less and less interesting by the year for sure. But the reason it's still interesting is because GSP is older......A prime GSP vs a LW is an unfair fight at WW or catchweight 165.

Back