How do you stop someone from doing this particular escape..

VTJas81

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I mount he tries to roll backwards and hook his legs into my armpit. The second is the same concept. I N/S him and he rolls back and tries to hook my armpits. Thanks

I'm a noob, but I would say not to sit up so high in the mount. If you feel his legs coming up, go flat against him, maybe put your arm around his neck/head. Of course, then he'll try to umpa ya.

i lean foward and turn slightly sideways to whatever leg is hooking so it slides off.

the karate guy in my judo class is UBER flexable and even leaning foward he still got his feet in my armpits.

So I grabbed both his ankle around the heel/ach tendon and pushed them to the floor. We both started laughing and I let go, but he said there was NO way he'd escape in a million years and it made breathing nearly impossible.

as for a N/S position, make him arch his back by going lower and getting your base sprawled out. And if he tries again, make sure to push the knot of your belt into his face :)

Don't sit up so high on the guy. You need to keep a good base and put your weight on his hips so that he cannot lift his hips. Also, keep your elbows tucked in a little bit.

Wolverine
///

Stay tight to him and keep your weight on his chest. That'll mean he won't be able to curl as much of his body up. The key is stop him from shifting your weight off him and to not let him make space.

If it's really bothering you in N/S, just move to side control. Another thing you could do in N/S is to grab the legs at ankles , stack him by pushing his feet into his chest (careful with his neck), hop over the legs and take his back

You should stay high up on him, high mount is the best position to attack from. But just be prepared to flop forward if he tries that legs up in your armpits thing. He can't really upa you if you are in a high mount, so don't be afraid to put your hands out and sprawl on him.

I find flopping forward can be counter-productive sometimes. It lets them bring their legs up even higher.

I N/S him and he rolls back and tries to hook my armpits. Thanks

Toehold the dude.

If they are trying to get their feet up under your biceps from being mounted, catch one of his ankles in the crook of your elbow, put your other arm behind the back of his head, lock your hands and then lean forward to put your head on the ground. Modified kneebar.

If you want to keep the high mount, put your feet in the crevice of his legs and hips, he won't be able to go past vertical. Just try and keep your base at the same time.

The easiest solution I have seen is to put one of your hands behind his head and simply lift his head off the mat. This stops him immediately. Even for the most flexible people, it is extremely difficult to lift your legs high enough when your head is lifted off the mat.

Let me know what you guys think.

David_Jacobs said:
The easiest solution I have seen is to put one of your hands behind his head and simply lift his head off the mat. This stops him immediately. Even for the most flexible people, it is extremely difficult to lift your legs high enough when your head is lifted off the mat.

Let me know what you guys think.
Dude, that's so simple, yet ingenious! Don't tell my training partners, I sometimes try to escape that way.

Ybot said:
Dude, that's so simple, yet ingenious! Don't tell my training partners, I sometimes try to escape that way.

Glad you like it. Remember: Timing is critical. If he's already got his legs up, then it's too late. You need to do it just before. You should know when he's about to lift his legs up by the way he postures his body. That's the time to lift his head - just before he lifts his legs.

I like that, never been taught that one, never would've thought about it either.

Back